Chapter 38

The next day Y/N kept calling and texting her girlfriend but Nayeon is not replying. She's clearly mad that Y/N intervened when Minji and Yoohyeon were fighting. Although Nayeon keeps rejecting her calls, Y/N isn't giving up. She'll call her until she picks up and if she doesn't then she will go to the convenience store to find her after work.

Right now Y/N is working at the station and both Mingyu and Jihyo keep questioning her about what happened last night. They know something happened but they don't know what since they were in the restaurant. Y/N explained to them everything that happened and they were both speechless.

"So Nayeon is now mad at you?" Jihyo asked.

"Yeah... But was what I did that wrong? I mean I'm a cop after all whoever it was, I was going to react that way."

"We know but she doesn't know that. Even if It were a stranger you would have intervened let alone someone you know." Mingyu sighed.

"Is that why Minji sunbaenim is not at work today?" Jihyo asked.

"Wait, she's not here?" Y/N worried.

"No, she didn't come yet." Jihyo shook her head. Usually Minji is always at the station early in the morning but it's noon now and she's still not in sight. Right when Y/N was about to text her, they saw Minji entering. She barely looked at anyone and went straight to her office.

"Should I go talk to her?" Y/N said. "I need to know if she's okay and whether that Yoohyeon hurt her."

"I don't think she would want to talk right now." Mingyu shook his head.

After a few hours, Y/N suddenly got approached by Sua.

"Y/N-ah, Minji-nim wants to see you in her office." 

"Oh okay. I'll be right there." Y/N stood up and went to Minji's office. When she entered, Minji had a very scary expression on her face.

"Yes, sunbaenim?"

"Close the door." Minji demanded and Y/N did as she was told.

"Sit." Once again Y/N did as she was told.

"I know we're at work right now and I always tell everyone here to not bring their private matters to work but I don't think I will find another moment to talk to you."

"I'm listening."

"You really didn't have to do that last night. You know I could have handled it right?"

"I know but it was just an instinct. I couldn't just watch her hurting you." The younger woman shook her head.

"You should have just left, Y/N." Minji sighed. It seems like Minji is mad and to be honest Y/N didn't expect for Minji to be mad. "You made everything worse by coming in between us. She already feels so insecure about me working with you and then you just come and act like my saviour making everything worse."

"I get that you're mad but what would you have done if it were the other way around? If you saw Nayeon slamming me against the wall would you really have just left? I know you care about me as much as I care about you and I know you're much more impatient than I am so I know for a fact you definitely would have intervened if it were the other way around."

Minji just kept quiet because she knows Y/N is right. She would have done the same thing, probably even worse.

"If she's being abusive to you then maybe she isn't the right person for you." The younger woman said looking down.

"You really shouldn't be the one saying that Y/N. I saw how Nayeon slapped you last night when I was leaving." Minji revealed. "Your girlfriend isn't any better than mine."