Chapter 28

Y/N is now at the station and has to ask her team leader for permission to be able to go to Japan next week to find Nayeon's sister. Since she hasn't taken any time off in the past year, Kangmin sunbaenim gave her permission to go. He also knows the situation of Seoyoon and didn't ask too many questions about it. Of course he also wants for Seoyoon's family to finally meet their daughter back after 15 years.

He did tell her to be careful and to not be suspicious since it can be quite dangerous. The Hirai family is powerful and they might hurt Y/N if they know the reason why she's there in the first place. That's why he told Mingyu to join her on the trip. It would be better to go with two people. Since Jihyo is already working on an important case and has to stay in Seoul, Kangmin suggested for Mingyu to go. Of course when Mingyu heard that they're going with a private jet and their expenses will be covered by the Chou family he was more than excited and immediately said yes.  

After work Y/N went to Nayeon's place. Nayeon texted her earlier today to come over and Y/N was a bit worried because Nayeon is pretty much always with her dad. Y/N gets along with her dad but it'll be the first time to meet him as his daughter's girlfriend. They've been in a relationship for a few days now and Y/N is very happy yet she has to get used to it. It feels weird to be with someone other than Minji when she thought for two whole years that she would be with Minji forever. But that was all in the past and now she has to focus on the future and her future is Nayeon. She will do anything she can to make her happy and to be the best girlfriend she can be.

"How come you're late?" Nayeon asked when she opened the door for her girlfriend.

"There's this difficult case that kept us going at the station." Y/N sighed as she entered the place. The moment she did, Nayeon pulled her into a deep kiss, smiling into it. 

"Isn't your dad home?" Y/N asked pulling away. It would be really bad if he saw this.

"No, don't worry. He went on a fishing trip with two of his friends. He'll be gone for two days."

"Oh your dad likes fishing?" 

"Yeah, I don't know why but he does. I joined him a few times when I was young but it was just really boring. I will never get why he likes it so much." Nayeon shook her head.

"Well, everyone has different preferences. Gotta respect that."

"Are you hungry? I'm guessing you didn't have the chance to have dinner." Nayeon approached her and put her arms around Y/N's neck which Y/N absolutely loved. 

"You guessed that right." The cop put her hands on Nayeon's waist and pulled her closer. She was about to kiss her but Nayeon pulled away.

"Not so fast, Ms. Park. You gotta eat first. I cooked for you."

"Oh you did? Is that how it's going to be from now on?"

"Just because I cooked for you once doesn't mean I always will. Now sit down." Nayeon guided her to the table and made her sit down.

"But what if I get hungry? You won't cook for me?"

"Depends. Will you cook for me when I'm hungry?"

"Of course I will." Y/N smiled. "Although I'm not the best at it."

"I'm not very good at it either but I'm trying." The older woman stated and put two plates on the table. She made kimchi jigae.

"Now eat up." Nayeon demanded and Y/N did as she was told and she was surprised by how good it actually tastes.

"Why did you lie to me?" Y/N asked seriously which worried Nayeon a bit. Y/N's entire expression changed from smiling to being serious. "You said you weren't good at cooking. This is really good."