Chapter 18

The next day Nayeon worked until 5pm and went home immediately when she finished. Y/N said that she will pick her up at 7pm so Nayeon has about one hour and a half to get ready. She took a shower first and then tried to figure out what to wear. Y/N told her to wear something casual and Nayeon doesn't want to look too pretty because then Y/N might think that she actually wants this date. So in the end she chose to wear jeans and a white collared shirt. She also put some light make up on and looked at herself in the mirror.

"I tried not to look too beautiful but I still do, aish." She said in frustration to herself. 

"You sure do look beautiful." A voice surprised Nayeon from behind.

"Dad, when did you get home?" She looked at him at the doorway of her room. 

"Just now. Where are you going?" He asked. 

"I'm gonna meet a friend."

"A friend? Who? Chaeyoung?" The man furrowed his eyebrows since Nayeon barely goes out.

"No another friend."

"You have other friends beside Chaeyoung?"

"Daaaad. I have friends okay?" Nayeon sighed. 

"Yeah sure." The man chuckled. "You're going on a date aren't you?"

"Yeah, I mean... I don't know. It's complicated." Nayeon said as she started to brush her hair.

"Hmm, are you gonna tell me who this lucky person is?"

"No because this will be just a one time thing. I won't see them again after this."

"How are you so sure?"

"I just know." Nayeon looked away. 

"You've gone on a few dates in the past few months but this is the first time I actually see you kinda getting excited." Nayeon tried a dating app not so long ago. It was also the dating app where she saw Y/N first. She met a few people on there but it didn't really click with anyone.

"I'm not excited."

"Yeah whatever, my daughter." The man laughed as he shook his head. He knows his daughter too well to say that Nayeon is excited about this.

"Dad, I'm leaving. I won't be too late." The woman took her bag and jacket. 

"Wait, I'll show you out." Her dad followed her.

"No, why would you do that?"

"I need to see who is taking my daughter out. What if they're a creep?"

"She's not a creep. At least not that I know of." She shook her head.

"She? It's a woman?" The man raised his eyebrows. "It's been a while since you dated women." From what he knows the last time Nayeon dated a woman was maybe five years ago.

"I know." In fact Y/N was the only woman on the dating app that Nayeon went out with, all the others were men. And for some reason Y/N was the only one that left an impression on her. All the men she met were pretty boring. 

"I need to go now." Nayeon put on her shoes. "Don't follow me. I don't want you to embarrass me." Nayeon warned but her dad didn't listen and followed her anyways. 

When Nayeon walked out of the apartment building, she saw Y/N waiting outside of her car. She had her arms crossed and was leaning against the car. The cop was dressed casually. She was also just wearing jeans and had a warm coat on with a scarf. When Nayeon approached her, Y/N smiled widely.

"You look beautiful as always." Y/N complimented her. Nayeon looks elegant even when she's just wearing casual clothes.

"Thank you." Nayeon looked down and there Y/N noticed a man behind Nayeon. Y/N looked at him and could immediately guess that the man is Nayeon's father because they look alike.