Untitled Part 28

Christmas Eve 2023 - French Alps

The air was still when you woke to a fresh dumping of snow on the mountain. The window provided a picture of tranquillity and the embers in the fire gave a peaceful glow to the dark wood walls. Charles had disappeared at dawn for a morning ski with Arthur and you squinted against the white glare to try and find them on the mountainside.

You probably could have gone back to sleep if it wasn't for the door crashing open and the sudden weight of a child on your legs. Penelope crawled up to the headboard with a squeal and jumped into your arms as Max just reached the bedroom door.

"P, watch out for auntie's tummy," Max reminded. She now had to watch out for yours and Aunt Vicky's tummy, since your sister had announced her pregnancy a few weeks ago. "Sorry, she slept the whole flight so she's full of energy. I tried to get her to play with Luka but she wanted you."

"That's okay," you said as she burrowed under the blankets and put her cold feet on Lando's back. "Are you excited for Christmas?"

Penelope nodded eagerly while Lando slowly woke and you were grateful he was wearing a hideous pair of santa-themed pyjama pants. With even more children around for Christmas this year, everyone had taken to wearing pyjamas. It was good for moments like these, but bad for quick access when you were spooning in the night.

"Papa let me open some presents early!"

Max disappeared out of the room with a wave, heading back to his suite with Kelly down the hall. The small mountain retreat had been completely rented out for another combined family holiday and at the rate the Norris', Leclerc's and Verstappen's were procreating, an entire resort would be needed to host you all next year. Your bet was on Max and Lorenzo becoming fathers next.

"How exciting! And what did you get?"

Penelope held out her arm to show a mermaid inspired charm bracelet. "That's beautiful!"

"It's got Ariel!" she exclaimed, pointing to a red haired mermaid as she bounced excitedly.

"Is that an earthquake?" Lando asked as he scooped the little girl up into a hug. "No, it's little P. Why are you waking your favourite uncle up so early?"

"You're not my favourite," she said with a fit of giggles.

Lando hung his head and shook it with fake sadness. "Kids are brutal."

"Kids are honest," you corrected before kissing his pout away.

"Gross," P said as she screwed up her face and started to climb off the bed to find 'Maxie'. She did a sudden u-turn and scrambled across the bed to gently touch your stomach before leaning closer and whispering, "Bye-bye, baby. Love you."

She was gone again, this time the door swinging shut as she left with no farewell for you or Lando. He let out a little chuckle as he pushed you back into the pillows and drifted down the bed, taking the blankets with him.

"Hello, baby," he murmured softly to the bump. At just more than half way along your bump could no longer be mistaken for overindulgence or bloating. "You are looking lovely and round this morning."

"Wow, you really know how to sweet talk a lady," you chuckled as you combed your fingers through his hair.

"Shh, I'm having a conversation with my daughter, no eavesdropping," he warned with a smirk before brushing your shirt up and pressing a kiss to your skin before continuing his conversation. The moustache and shaped beard he was slowly but surely growing thicker tickled with each whispered word, the movement of his lips dragging the coarse hairs over your sensitive skin until goosebumps prickled.