Untitled Part 18

A gentle melody echoed down the hall and you smiled at the sound as you quietly closed the front door. A soft moan escaped your lips as Lando eased your coat off and kissed your shoulder.

"I think Charles beat us home," he whispered against your skin.

"Or there is a very refined intruder here."

Lando chuckled as he kicked his shoes off and laced his fingers with yours. You stepped carefully along the wooden floorboards, creeping your way to the arch that opened into the larger living space. Deep in his zone, Charles sat shirtless in front of the piano and didn't notice your arrival until you and Lando slipped onto the bench chair beside him.

"Keep going," you urged when his fingers stilled and the note rang out. "It's beautiful."

Lando lightly tapped a higher key and Charles reached for the lid with a shake of his head. "It's not ready yet."

He was always a little shy with his music, until he was certain it was complete. It was challenging not to press him when you weren't the most patient of people. But you tried.

"Have you had lunch?"

He shook his head again, water drops flicking from his wet hair and tickling your skin. "I just got home too."

It had been a long three days apart but if you wanted to have a few weeks undisturbed then you had to go to the factory for some work. Lando had been in Woking, Charles in Maranello and you had gone to the new HQ in Silverstone. Everyone was happy to be home in Monaco, together.

"How about we go out?" you offered. "It's officially holiday mode...and August."

"You just want to get drunk," Lando teased with a wink. "I'm in for some bottomless mimosas. Charles?"

"Only if I get you all to myself for the rest of the weekend. I don't want to leave the apartment at all, especially if I am hungover."

"I suppose I could handle that," you said with a playful eye roll, "but you'll have to find some way to keep us entertained."

He looked down with a smile and nodded. "I'm sure I can think of something."

Half an hour later you were almost ready to go out when there was a call from the concierge about an oversized delivery. "Did you guys order anything?"

"Not that I remember."

"I have some new Quadrant hoodies but they shouldn't be oversized."

You curiously hung around the front door waiting and frowned at a crate that arrived in the service elevator. "Is that Heineken?"

One of the men looked up at the only apartment door on the floor before double checking the name. "Delivery for Verstappen?"

"That would be the next block over," you said pointing to the identical apartment tower across the street, until you saw the first name on the delivery notice, your name. "What the hell is my brother up to?"

You swiped the invoice off the top of the crate and tore it open to see there were 30 boxes of Heineken's 0% alcohol beer, courtesy of Max's latest commercial he had done for the brand. Pulling your phone out, you hit Max's contact and stepped out onto the balcony that faced his apartment from the guest room.

"Hello, zusje," he greeted with a smile in his tone. "How can I help you?"

"Step outside."

You heard the scrape of his door sliding open before he stepped out onto his balcony and waved across the street. Cupping your hands around your mouth you shouted to be sure he heard you, "What the fuck, Max!"