Untitled Part 29

Round 4 - Japanese GP

"I think I'm in love," you moaned happily.

"I should hope so," Lando commented dryly, making Charles laugh.

"She's not talking about us, mon cher."

You patted the vending machine full of the greatest snacks you had ever tasted. "Ignore them, it's just you and me, now take my money."

"Are we going to karaoke?" Pierre asked, checking his phone to see the time. "Yuki and Daniel are already there."

"Shh, let the pregnant woman eat," his girlfriend reprimanded. "She's growing a whole human in there."

"Thank you, Kika." You sent her a grateful smile before throwing your middle finger in Pierre's direction. The machine whirred and you turned back to see mechanical arms moving your choice down to the little door. "I just need a few more."

"She's stalling because she knows she sucks at singing when she's sober," Max joked before pulling out his wallet and going to the next machine. "What else do you want?"

Everyone caught onto Max's idea and lined up along the alley of vending machines and within minutes there were enough snacks to last you the night, plus one huge Pokémon stuffed animal that Pierre chose for the baby. You could barely wrap your arms around the teddy and you narrowed your eyes at your old teammate. "Out of all of the Pokémon you chose...Squirtle?"

His grin widened until his laughter broke through. "What's wrong with Squirtle? Everyone loves a big squirtle."

"You're so immature," you tried to say with a straight face but it failed as you giggled. "This is going in my bed when I get home. It's going to be my snuggler when I'm abandoned."

"We aren't abandoning you, mon amour. Everyone agreed it's too close to your due date to come to China."

You didn't like it, but it was the truth. You were lucky to even get away with coming to Japan since you were already 37 weeks pregnant. At least there was a two week gap between the races so you would have some time with Lando and Charles before they left for the next race.

"And your mother will be there, so you definitely aren't abandoned," Lando pointed out. He took the teddy from you so you could better see where you were walking and tucked it under one arm so he could still hold your hand. "Max has already given us his plane so we can get back if we need to."

"I have?" Max cocked a brow.

"You may have been drunk when you said it, but there were witnesses."

Max scratched his head in confusion but he couldn't recall the memory. Shrugging, he wasn't really bothered, he would have offered for them use it anyway. "Who's your reserve if you have to go?"

"Ollie and Pato," Charles answered. "My baby is in good hands if we miss the race. Lando is a little more worried."

"Not of Pato, I've seen him in testing," Lando countered. "I just don't like sharing." Everyone looked pointedly between you and your boyfriends. "Har-har, I meant my seat, assholes."

You eventually made it to the karaoke bar and Yuki growled at everyone for being late, except you. You got a tight hug and a strong whiff of alcohol on his breath.

"I didn't know what you felt like, so I got a bit of everything," he said as he pointed to the side table full of snacks and non alcoholic drinks. Pierre reached out for a pack of biscuits but Yuki slapped his hand away. "Not for you motherfuckers. Get your own."

The annual karaoke had grown over the years and you weren't sure if it was better when you were sober or not. On one hand you nearly wet yourself laughing at how terrible everyone sounded but on the other your ears were almost bleeding by the time they were too drunk to continue. Crashing out onto the hotel bed never felt so good when you finally got back after midnight. Thankfully it was only going to be media day for the guys so they could sleep off their hangovers.