Untitled Part 12

Round Twenty One - Brazil 2022

"Aren't you going to stop that?" George asked Charles with a nervous laugh as he pointed his glass of wine across the room.

Charles followed the direction and found the man of the hour celebrating his birthday at the Brazilian nightclub. Lando was well on his way to being drunk and since he was already an affectionate man the alcohol only increased the need for physical touch. He couldn't keep his hands to himself, especially not when the dancers had pulled you backstage and convinced you to change into an embellished golden samba costume.

"No, they look like they are having fun," Charles chuckled as you hooked the matching feather boa over Lando's head and pulled him closer as you danced along to the samba. "But I might just join them."

Your arms draped over Lando's shoulders as the crowd compacted even closer and your lips brushed his ear as his hands settled on your bare waist. "Happy birthday, baby. Did you make a wish?"

Another pair of hands settled on your hips and you felt the warmth of Charles at your back, his hips finding the same rhythm to the music as you swayed.

"It probably won't come true," Lando said with a sad smile. "But that's okay, maybe next year."

Charles quietly asked you what he meant and you told him, both of you feeling guilty again for the situation you had found yourself in. Though the number of people who knew about the three of you was growing, publicly you were only dating Charles. You were about to apologise again when another pair of arms wrapped around all of you as Pierre joined in with a hiccup.

"My favourite ménage à trois," he greeted with a loud whisper. "Little bit of advice...you look like you are about to fuck."

"Okay, but what's the advice?" you asked as you continued to dance between your boyfriends.

"Uhhh, not here?" he suggested before laughing and waving to your brother. "If looks could kill..."

"Wanna take this party back to the hotel?" Charles asked as he rested his chin on your shoulder while his hands slipped up Lando's top, but to anyone else it looked like his hands were on your skin.

You missed the heat of their bodies touching yours but the knowledge of something far better coming soon eased the ache.

"Don't forget breakfast tomorrow," Pierre reminded as he waved goodbye. "I expect details."

Lando watched with longing as you climbed into a taxi with Charles and you watched his silhouette fade while he waited for the next one.

"I want to make his wish come true," you whispered, laying your head on Charles' shoulder. "I don't care about the PR fall out, they'll just have to get over it."

"I have been thinking about it too, mi amor," he admitted and you looked up to see the hard line of his jaw tick as resolution set in.

"Scared?" you asked as you caressed his face, drawing him closer to kiss the dimples that appeared.