Untitled Part 20

Round Sixteen - Singapore GP

Charles was worried about you. You had barely said a word since the race ended, only congratulating your boyfriends on their great results. You were disappointed in yourself for finishing last place. Technically it was 15th place but everyone behind you had DNF'd so you were the last one to cross the finish line.

The bath did little to ease the tension embroiled in your body and you sank down beneath the surface. A wavering image of Charles filled your vision as he took a seat at the edge of the bathtub and trickled his fingers through the water. Only when your lungs began to burn did you resurface with a deep gasp for fresh air.

"You're going to catch a cold, ma chérie," Charles said softly as he wiped away the rivulets of water. It was almost like he knew they were mixed with your tears. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," you whispered. "I think I am just going to stay in tonight, I don't want to hold you back from celebrating. You guys did great today."

"You are being too hard on yourself. It sucks, Lando and I know that first hand," he chuckled, referring back to the first half of the season. "But you'll come back stronger, I know you. You'll be back in the points next week."

You smiled weakly at his confidence and accepted his hand that helped pull you from the bath. "Are you willing to bet on that?"

"D'accord," he nodded, wrapping you tightly in a towel before kissing your forehead. "I have faith in you, mon amour."

"That makes one of us," you joked, feeling a little better now that you were wrapped in his arms. "You should get ready to go, Lando is going to need you to carry him home tonight."

"Mon Dieu, him and Carlos drinking together," Charles groaned as if just realising what he was in for. "Are you sure you don't want to come?"

You nodded and stepped out of the bathroom to grab your phone. "I think there is another Verstappen somewhere around here feeling sorry for himself too, and misery loves company."

Max arrived before Lando had finished styling his hair and he came bearing gifts, a bag of mouthwatering food packed full of local dishes in one hand and a bottle of gin in the other.

"Now it's a pity party," you laughed as he made himself comfortable in the living room. He didn't even bother with plates, just eating straight out of the containers while he changed the channel off MTV. "Are you planning on sharing or do I need to order my own?"

"Depends if you care what Kristian thinks," he shrugged, pushing a container aside. He grinned knowing you couldn't turn down the grilled kebabs slathered in a sauce that would give your PT a heart attack. "Live dangerously, zusje."

You snorted and dropped into the seat beside him, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and the dish from the coffee table. "I hate you."

"Uh-huh, heard that before," he teased as continued to flick through the channels until he hit the movies. "Fast X?"

"No," Lando answered for you as he finally appeared from the bathroom with his hair perfectly styled and his shirt half unbuttoned. He explained that it was to combat the humidity in the country but you and Charles knew it was because he loved to flash his tanned and toned chest, almost as much as you liked to see it. "She'll get pissed off that it is too unrealistic."

"It is unrealistic," you pointed out.

Max laughed, "It's a movie." But he still changed the channel. "Maverick? The original."

"Sure," Charles said with a grin as he pulled his shoes on, "if you want to comfort her when Goose dies."

"You are impossible." Max shook his head and tossed the remote on your lap. "You choose something."