Untitled Part 25

Kristian sat on a weight bench, flipping through the pages of the motherhood magazine he was reading. Every so often he would look up and give some guidance until the tips became a nuisance.

"I should have fired you," you muttered as you rose up from the last lunge.

"You say that a lot but you should keep your back straight," he shot back, grating you further with the slow scrape of the page turning. "And keep your feet in line with your hips."

"Can we play some decent music at least?" you whined between the gulps of water you swallowed down. The training was far less intensive than they used to be with everything focused on just maintaining fitness and health rather than a goal weight or strength like before.

"Nope," he chuckled, clearly enjoying being able to boss you around the gym again. "Baroque is good for the baby."

"Bullshit." There was no way the classical music meant anything to her, she was only the size of an avocado - or so Lando said. He had an app that he checked daily and uploaded photos onto as a keepsake.

Kristian turned back to the start of the magazine and turned it around, tapping the title of the article. "So you think you know more than Harvard scholars now, Spitfire?"

He took your silence for defeat and pointed to the pool door. "Twenty lap cool down and then it's breakfast."

Your stomach grumbled at the mention of food and you grabbed a towel as you passed the door to the changing room. Breakfast didn't feel like the right term since it was well past lunchtime. The whole Las Vegas schedule had screwed your body clock with the late night practices and qualifying rounds but you were grateful it was the last night of it.

Lando and Charles had been fast asleep when you slipped out of the room. Something had disturbed you from the dream you were having and despite the room being pitch black with the thick blockout curtains your body could tell it was daytime. Thankfully Kristian was already awake and happy to move your fitness session up a few hours.

Cool water washed over you as you dove into the tepid pool and started to glide along the surface. One, two, three, breathe. One, two, three, breathe. The monotony was therapeutic and you didn't even bother to keep count of the laps - your mind was elsewhere.

You had been dead on your feet in the wee hours of the morning after you finally left the track with Lando and Charles after qualifying finished. They still had adrenaline flooding their systems and had no hope of sleeping when they sunk into the couch cushions and pulled your exhausted body over their legs.

You were in a drowsy state, half asleep but half aware of the other two chatting quietly together. Their hands had softly caressed your skin, brushing your shirt up so they could feel the warmth of your abdomen beneath their palms.

"She's so beautiful, Cha, and she's carrying our kid. I don't think I have ever been this happy in my life," Lando hummed as he rested his head on Charles' shoulder and smiled at their hands.

"We are very lucky to have her," he agreed as he kissed Lando softly.

"So..." You tasted the mischief in Lando's drawn out tone and it stirred some energy back into your body. "When can I start calling you daddy?"

Charles' legs shifted beneath you with a groan and you willed your eyes to open as his cheeks flushed pink. "Mon cher..."

"You can call me papi chulo," Lando smirked. "It means-"

"I know what it means," Charles choked, knowing exactly who had taught him that too. "Carlos is a menace, but if anyone is going to be papi chulo it's me."