Buggy | Haircut

Notes:

Art: created by 🎈さくら🎈 on X - https://twitter.com/__Sattva__/status/1215269754904072193

Requested by  Ka1b1tch hope you enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's not that bad baby." You say in a soothing voice.

"Y/n, look at me! I look hideous!" Buggy wails.

"I think you look kinda cute." You say running your fingers through his short hair.

Buggy wines and flops down on his bed. You sit on the edge of the bed next to him and rub his back trying to console him.

Buggy had cut off part of his hair in an accident while trying to master a new trick. He'd been devastated ever since.

He rolls over onto his back and holds up a strand of his hair. "Look at this Y/n. Look at this monstrosity. I'm never leaving my room until it grows back." He declares.

"What about mealtime?"

"You can deliver it to me."

"And why would I do that? That's a lot of work for me."

"Because you love me, duh."

"What if the marines show up?"

"Are you kidding?! I'm not showing my face to them. What if they take a picture and create a new wanted poster? I'd be ruined!"

You sigh and roll your eyes as his head flops back onto the pillow. "Buggy, sweetheart, I think you might be overreacting just a little. I get that you're upset, and that's okay but-"

"Nope that's it, no need to keep talking." He responds, his voice muffled by the pillow.

You sigh again and ruffle his hair. "I'll be back soon with some dinner."

"Take your time, I'll be here mourning."

You close the door behind you and walk into the kitchen. You take out some ingredients to prep his favourite cake. Cabaji cycles in as you put the cake into the oven.

"How's the captain doing?" He asks hopping off his unicycle to walk over to the counter.

You sigh. "What do you think?"

"Not great I guess." He says licking the chocolate batter off the spoon.

"He told me he was mourning before I left."

"Yikes that's pretty bad. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Actually yes, can you run out and get some ingredients for tonight?"

"Sure, what's for dinner?" He asks placing the spoon in the sink.

"Pasta with crab and alfredo sauce. Buggy seems to like it a lot, and the town we're in is known for their fresh seafood."

"Sounds delicious." Cabaji says, hopping back onto his unicycle. You hand him a list as he passes by you and he waves as he leaves the room.

You wait for the timer to go off before you take the cake out of the oven. You level, cut, and stack the tiers once they had time to cool. You begin decorating the cake to look like a big circus tent. You put the cake scraps into a bowl and start making some icing.

While you wait for the icing to whip up you make dough for a simple sugar cookie the shape of a top hat and stick it in the oven. You take the icing and cake scraps and mix them together to make little cake pops. You quickly melt some chocolate in the microwave and coat the little spheres completely before putting them in the fridge to cool.