Mihawk | Welcome Home

Notes:

Art: belongs to ちんリオ on pixiv - https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/9982576 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You smile as you step into the familiar castle. It was nice to finally be home after a week away. You quietly make your way to the bedroom. You peek inside and see Mihawk sleeping.

You smile to yourself and gently close the door. You didn't want to wake up Mihawk, so you decide to head into the library instead. You figure that he might be a little upset that you didn't climb into bed with him, but waking him up would probably have been worse.

You carefully toss your bag onto the chair and flop onto the couch. You grab whatever book was on the side table and start flipping through the pages. Before long, you feel your eyelids start to droop as you succumb to sleep.

The warmth of the sun rouses you from your sleep. As you slowly adjust to the light, you notice a blanket draped around your body. You smile to yourself as you sit up and stretch. The smell of breakfast leads you to the kitchen where Mihawk's busy preparing food.

You quietly creep up behind Mihawk and wrap your arms around his torso as he chops fruit. You rest your head on the back of his shoulder. Mihawk doesn't react to your touch and continues cutting the fruit.

You don't let his silence bother you, instead you find comfort in the familiar calm. However, as Mihawk continues making breakfast, he utters not a word to you. You start to get really worried when, instead of talking to you while you eat like he normally would do, he ops instead to read the paper, covering his face from your view.

"Mihawk." You say finally breaking the silence. "Are you mad at me?" Mihawk doesn't respond. "I'm sorry for sleeping in the library." You say.

"Is that all you're sorry for?" Mihawk says flipping the page.

"Pardon?" You say confused. You couldn't think of anything you had done to warrant the silent treatment.

Mihawk sets the paper down and glares at you. He was mad, really mad, but you struggled to think of why. "You left in the middle of the night without saying goodbye. I thought you had left because you were unhappy here." Mihawk says, his eyes piercing through you.

"I left you a note." You say feebly.

"On the kitchen counter, that was the last place I looked for you when I saw that your stuff was gone." Mihawk says, raising his voice. You could feel yourself start to shrink in your seat, you had clearly not thought things through and now was the time you were going to pay for it.

"Not once have I ever left to do government work without telling you where I was going and how long I was going to be gone. Even if it was late, I would always wake you up and tell you because I didn't want you to worry. I would have thought you would do the same but clearly I was mistaken. You wrote that you would be gone a couple of days, a couple is 2. You were gone over a week. Do you know how worried I was? Do you know how often I was reading the newspaper, making sure nothing bad had happened? You didn't even say on the note where you were going. Something could have happened to you and I might never have known."

This is the first time he has ever raised his voice at you and honestly, it frightened you a little. "Are you mad at me?" You say, your voice beginning to tremble. Mihawk sighs and walks towards you, arms open. You accept his embrace as he takes a moment to think while he rubs your back.

"No, I am not mad." He says in a softer tone. "I love you so much mi amor, I was worried about you. I didn't know where you were and if you were coming back. Part of me thought you had left for good, and not by accident."

"I would never leave you." You respond tentatively.

"Promise me."

"I promise." Mihawk sighs and places a kiss on the top of your head. "I'm sorry Mihawk."

Mihawk doesn't respond and continues to rub your back. "Never do that to me again, I was so worried."

"I swear I won't." You assure him.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything I can do to make it better?" You ask.

"Why don't we head to the library, and you can tell me all about your adventures." Mihawk says guiding you out of the kitchen.

He leads you into the library and you cuddle up in his arms as you always do. You don't miss the way he holds you tighter then normal, tensing at the parts when you were in danger. His fingers would continuously run through your hair as you traced the lines on his hand with your finger.

He listens intently as you speak, asking questions about topics he knew you loved to talk about. As you ramble on and on you can feel Mihawk becoming more relaxed, sinking into the couch and resting his arms loosely around your waist.

He grabs a blanket from the nearby ottoman and adjusts you slightly so you're resting on top of him, head resting on his chest. You continue talking to Mihawk as your eyes beginning to droop. You didn't realize how much you missed sleeping next to Mihawk until now.

Mihawk notices your fatigue and shushes you with a kiss. "Why don't I tell you about my days while you were gone."

You were expecting Mihawk to complain but he recounted his days as he normally would. He spoke in a soft tone while gently soothing you.

"Why don't you get some rest darling?" Mihawk says gently noticing you drifting off.

"You're gonna stay right?" You say sleepily.

"Of course my love."

"Thank you." You say nuzzling into him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too my love."

"I'm sorry for making you upset."

"It's alright, I'm not mad." He says giving you a small peck on the forehead.

"I love you Mihawk."

"I love you too Y/n."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 1,027

Rude comments will not be tolerated thanks ilysm <3