Shanks | Portrait

Notes:

I'm planning on writing a new book so I'm holding a vote on the chapter abt me returning and all that fancy stuff. If you want to either comment or message me if you want. Not obligatory just thought I'd mention it. Sorry for the long note have a lovely day!

Requested by Laurah5557 hope you enjoy <3

Art: belongs to chaop01 on twitter - https://twitter.com/chaop01 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You smile to yourself as you position yourself carefully on the railing of the Red Force. You finally had some free time to draw. You wouldn't say that it was your passion, but you liked to drabble. You hadn't had much time to do anything as of recent due to the marines but today had promised to be a calm one.

You wait patiently for the sun to rise before starting to sketch the outline of the still sun over the surface of the ocean adding in a small island in the distance. Once you were satisfied with the rough copy you pulled out a pen and very carefully began doing the line work making sure that every line was perfect.

So focused on your work, you couldn't see Shanks sneaking up behind you. He came up behind you and scared you unfortunately, making you mess up just as you were almost done. You glare at him as he smiles and wraps his arm around you.

"Morning baby. What'cha working on?"

You slap him before crumpling the ruined piece of paper and throwing it in the ocean. You walk away from him as he stares after you confusion clear on his face.

"What did I do this time?" He says running after you.

"You messed me up! And I was actually happy with this one before you ruined it!" You snap at him.

"Oh, sorry baby, I didn't mean to." Shanks tries to apologize.

"I've barely had any time or inspiration to draw and the one time I do, you screw it up!" Shanks seems a little taken aback and you realize that you were probably being too hard on him. You know he didn't mean to mess you up and you were probably just tired from waking up so early to catch the sunrise.

Shanks pulls you into a hug and mumbles his apology but you stop him. "It's fine sweetheart, I'm not that mad, just tired I think and a little annoyed. Sorry for yelling."

"It's okay Y/n, and for what it's worth I really am sorry for ruining your picture, I bet it was almost as beautiful as me." You roll your eyes at his comment as he gives your cheek a quick peck. "And hey, if you ever need any inspiration you got a bunch right here." He says gesturing to himself.

"Yeah right." You tease. "You couldn't sit still long enough even if you wanted your portrait done."

"What are you talking about? Of course I could." Shanks says with a playful smirk.

"Oh yeah, willing to put that to the test?" You challenge.

"Only if you promise to actually draw and not pretend for 6 hours."

"Alright, what where you thinking as a pose then? Just the face, a bust or something else?"

"I was thinking something a little different." He says taking your hand and leading you into the bedroom.

"Shanks what are you doing?" You say with a laugh.

"What? Haven't you ever drawn a nude model before?" Shanks says staring to strip. You roll your eyes as he positions himself on the bed, propping his head up with his arm. "Ready when you are baby."