!Robin | Special Birthday Fic!

Notes:

Sorry for the delay, it's been a long, long, long week. 

Happy Birthday Robin!

Art: created by sorryimnotafrog on X - account is deleted ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy birthday Robin." You say with a smile, hugging her from behind.

"Thanks Y/n." She says, her eyes not straying from her book.

"What'cha reading?" You ask, resting your head on her shoulder.

She turns the book over to show you the cover. "It's a new book that Nami got me. It's about a delusional Spanish man who thinks he's a knight. I wasn't sure whether I'd like it, but it's turning out to be quite amusing."

"Sounds interesting."

"Indeed, I feel like it would be something you'd like if you want to borrow it once I'm done." She says setting the book on the table.

"Thanks sweetheart. If you give me a minute I can go grab your present, it's just in our room."

"Take your time my love." She says with a smile.

You give her a quick peck on the cheek and leave the library to go find her gift. You rummage around the closet until you find the small parcel. You grab the card that you wrote and head back to the library.

"Here you go my love."

She smiles and takes the present. She turns it over twice before going to read the card. You see her eyes light up and her smile widen just a little as she reads. She sets the card down on the table.

"Thank you Y/n. The card is lovely."

She carefully opens the gift, and turns over the book. "Oh Y/n, I've heard good things about this book but haven't seen it in any stores. Where did you find it?"

"Well, uh, I went to the bookstore before we went together and bought the book and hid the other copies." You say a little embarrassed.

Robin chuckles and looks at you with a smile. "I suppose that was a smart move. Would you like to read it with me?"

"Sure!"

Robin moves over to make some space for you and you sit next to her. She wraps one arm around you and pulls you closer. You lean back and smile as she wraps a blanket around you.

With one arm around your waist she starts to read. The minutes turn to hours as she continues to read as you listen intently.

About halfway through the book Robin decides to take a break. You turn to her full of excitement and energy. "Oh my gosh! Do you think he's going to live?! Can someone even survive something like that?"

"Technically yes, I've seen it happen a couple times before but it's rare."

"He has to survive Robin! The love of his life is waiting for him to return. He has to come back!"

"I think she should just give up on him and marry the rich prince. She'll never have to worry about anything again. Unless of course he cheats and divorces her, which is a possibility."

"But what about their true love?!"

She takes a sip of her tea. "I don't really believe in true love."

You gasp and clutch your heart dramatically. "Do you hear that? That's the sound of my heart shattering."

Robin sighs and rolls her eyes with a smile. "How unfortunate."

"Woe is me and my broken heart." You say draping over the couch.

"Indeed, woe is you." She says giving you a small kiss on the forehead. "Shall we go have some cake?"

"I'm too busy trying to piece together my heart."

"Have fun." She says with a smile, walking out of the room.

"Hey! Wait up!" You say chasing after her.

"Oh, you finished already? Clearly I wasn't harsh enough." She teases.

"So mean to me."

"Only because I love you."

"Mhmm sure." You roll your eyes and smile.

"No I love you back? Do you want me to feel unloved on my birthday?"

You sigh dramatically. "I suppose not." You turn toward her. "I love you too. Even when you do break my heart and try to fix it with cake."

"Does it work though?"

You pause. "Yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 665

Rude comments will not be tolerated thanks ilysm <3