Chapter 26

-3RD POV-

-3RD POV-

You had done it, you won. you devoured everyone on the field. yet you still felt somewhat unsatisfied. It was this gnawing feeling inside you that kept trying to crawl out but you suppressed it, not wanting to tackle it right away. you looked at everyone, more importantly at a certain light blue-haired haired on her knees. trying to suck in her tears as she covered her face.

you could feel her despair and embarrassment from a mile away. she felt bad letting her team down. at the end of the day, she would blame herself for not seeing through you. yet some part of you didn't want her to feel that way. was it that you felt bad for her? or was it just another showing your fake pity? you didn't know.

you looked at Misa as she conversed with Aikawa who seemed to be fixing her hair. you were quite thankful to them for their assist and wanted to thank them personally. normally though you would be helping with assistance, more in the shadows rather than in the spotlight but this time they helped you shine.

you walked towards as both females looked at you before you gave them a rather bow. "thank you both for your help with that help and for cooperating with me." you were scared to look up for a second, thinking what expression they would have on their faces.

you steadily lifted your head, but before you could look at their faces you were engulfed in a bear hug by a particular raven-haired female. "you know you don't need to thank us [Name]!" the female said as you stumbled making you both fall to the ground. the brow-haired female chuckled at the two of you're silliness.

as the two of you squabbled on the ground, Itoshi Aya looked at you. her eyes couldn't seem to direct as you sat on the field. her fists balled as little as she unconsciously little pieces of grass. she had been out-maneuvered? or was it just luck that you happened to be there? no that was impossible. the female had been used and thrown away just like that with no explanation whatsoever.

the three of you then went to collect Aya who stared into your [h/c] eyes. the female had felt this emotion before that she tried to forget. She couldn't explain it with words but her eyes did quite well.

you extended your hand to help the black-haired female get up but she slapped it away in response. Aya got up and gave a glare that said 'I want to destroy you' all the way. you looked at Misa who was held back by Aikawa as the raven-haired girl tried to jump Aya.

"let's put our feelings aside for a second and choose the fifth player of the team," you said side-eyeing team white. you knew who you wanted yet felt conflicted about your choice since they with great players.

"shut up, I'll choose." the black-haired female said, shoving you aside and stood before a certain female as she slowly looked at her.

"come, fuksushima Hanea."

------

-4th stage clear corridor-

the five of you walked in the corridor silently. well, it would have been if Fukushima had not opened her main character's mouth and started questioning Aya. rather than hiding behind her words with her intentions, she was rather upfront this time.

"Why did you choose me?" the blue-haired female said looking at Aya. The black-haired female kept silent for a second, looking forwards before sucking in some air. "that last play..I could not see it. you had defeated me and I'm not a sore loser to not admit that. I can't let you sink with those lukewarm nobody" the female simply stated. her voice had cracked in between so you could tell it was hard for her to admit the fact.

the teal-eyed female then looked at you, it was a sense of her admitting defeat to not only her but to you. you shook your head with an inaudible chuckle, maybe it was the female's antics that amused you, not that you complained.

fukushima stared at Aya before looking at you. you knew that she had a lot of questions but you ever not in the mood to answer them. you secretly crossed your fingers hoping the female wouldn't talk to you but the look in her eyes said it all. you sighed in defeat and looked back at Fukushima.

"what do you want?" you asked as the Fukushima flinched slightly. it seemed that she was hesitant to talk to you but she sucked in some air and looked directly at you. "how did you defeat me? what is that you have that I lack in?" Fukushima clenched her fist. admitting defeat naturally is hard, especially in an environment where you're taught to become an egoist.

you looked up and thought about it, explaining everything to her would be too much of a hassle so you dumbed it down. "it was luck." you said, making everyone deadpan. while others would call it a well-crafted plan, you called luck. the ability to know where the ball would land with your extreme eyesight, you called it luck. you were not trying to hide anything, it was just how you ultimately saw your weapon. a lucky tool that can be used to your advantage.

"you're kidding me?! all of that was just luck, that a vague answer..give me a more concrete answer..please." Fukushima couldn't help but mutter the last word. She lost her match, she had to leave her friends behind all because of some stupid factor of luck. it was unbelievable to her.

you kept quiet, you heard a 'tsk' sound and looked at Aya who brushed her bangs back. "is your IQ that of a monkey? luck isn't something that happens on a fluke or is a pure coincidence. at the end of the day..it's an underlying element present in the field that will reach only those who understand and appreciate it. if you don't then fuck off."

you winced at the female's words, Fukushima looked down, she didn't want to accept it. the team entered a room that was surrounded by screens. ego then appeared with his iconic grin. he pushed his glasses as he looked down at you like you were mere ants.

"Well, well, my unpolished gems. first off, congratulations on clearing the second selection." ego's voice boomed. "what is 'luck', you say.." the man chuckled and pushed his glasses up. " quite an alluring discussion you have started indeed. as a reward for clearing the stage, I will teach you the...

'mechanism of luck'

-----