Chapter 22

-3rd POV-

-3rd POV-

"So...who do we pick?"

there was silence for a second. you knew who you wanted but it was a team decision at the end of the day. team white sat on the field in disappointment and fatigue. your eyes scanned the three girls until your eyes landed on your best friend. 

you kept staring for a few minutes, misa sensed you looking at her and smiled back. there was a part of her that was scared you wouldn't pick her but tried not to show it to you. her vulnerable side if you would say.

"I couldn't care less, pick whoever you two want." the black-haired female said, brushing her bangs to the side. Aikawa looked at you expecting you to say something. you didn't want to say this but you were in a bind. on one hand, you wanted to pick misa with all your heart since you both work well together, but Fukushima was not a bad choice, considering her play.

"I know who I want," you said as team white's ears perked up, misa looked at you with glossy eyes, not wanting to hear you say another person's name other than her. "then you could go ahead and choose for us [name]," Aikawa said you gave her a nod in return.

you extended your hand to the person you picked. "come, misa." misa smiled brightly and immediately grasped your hand, as if she was waiting for this moment forever. you didn't choose misa because she was your only friend but because you go well with each other.