Chapter 16

MEGAN POV

"I want a baby" I blurt out to them
"Okay..." Jorden says nonchalantly
"That's great" Nicki says nodding her head
"Y'all not listening. I want a baby. And I want to work on one now"

"Okay...so you and Jorden get busy upstairs I got the kids" Nicki says chuckling
"Yeah come on babe, let me put twins in you" Jorden says jokingly

"Stop y'all! Be serious, you know the only way I can biologically have a child is if Nicki carries...so will you? Will you carry my baby?"

"Of course I will!" She says grabbing my hand looking into my eyes with more seriousness now

"Great we have an appointment in two hours to meet with the insemination place. And Jorden your mom is coming to watch the twins.... So let's get ready!"

They both look at me as if I'm crazy, not moving.
"What?"
"Oh you set this all up..." Jorden says
"Yeah clearly. And who said I was ready to carry another baby. I might physically be good but I'm nowhere mentally ready...I lost a baby a-and I'm not ready" Nicki says slowly making my hope fade

"I get that Nicki....but what about me? Don't I deserve to have something of my own too. Please.....please.....just do this for me" I ask begging her

She just continues to stare at me, so I pout even more cause I know she'll fold easy. With a roll of her eyes she takes a deep breath, okay it looks to be working. So I go in for the kill knowing she'll definitely say yes to.

"If you do; I'll let you strap me for a whole nine months after you have the baby"
"Oh really?" She says raising her eyebrows
"Yes" I say nodding my head, as Jorden looks at me smirking

She stares at me folding her arms now.
"And you get to name the baby, no questions or fight from me"
"Oh now we definitely have to, cause I want to name the baby....Shine" she says smiling
"Well I won't fight you on that" I lie knowing damn well that's a horrible ass name

"Okay...I'll do it!"
"Yes! Thank you Pooh! Thank you so much"

I sit anxiously waiting for Nicki and Jorden to finish their test to see if her uterus is healthy and strong to carry; and if Jorden's soldiers still march. Negative thoughts start to flood my mind; the not being good enough. The I don't deserve this evades my thoughts but are shut down when I hear the closing of the door to the room I'm in.

I feel soft hands interlock with my left hand; instantly knowing that it's Nicki. She takes the seat next to me as Jorden takes the other.

"Okay you three, good news...and bad news. Which you want first?"

"Bad news! I-I rather deal with the pain first then for the good news to take it away and make me happy" I quickly say before anyone else

"Okay, well bad news is that Nicki here might have to be on bed rest for the final three months of the pregnancy. Not to say your uterus isn't strong enough to carry; but it's been through trauma with a miscarriage and it's best to lessen any type of stress.. What you think about that? Any concerns?"

"Okay...so this bad news is just a precaution that's all"
"Yes just a precaution, besides that; that's it. But the good news is that the uterus is healthy and Jorden your sperm count is outstanding. There's no sign that the insemination won't work, just all depends on when you guys want to do it"

I smile, looking between both Nicki and Jorden. They both smile back nodding their heads, and I simple say As soon as we can.