Chapter 11

NICKI POV

I watch as the kids sleep, praying that they'll be safe...that's all I wanted for them to be safe. I've made the decision for us to move back to the US. And between Megan and the kids I can't tell whose more happier.

Her and the team are leaving today, and the kids and I won't be there till next month. But knowing Megan and Jorden they'll be back here before we leave. Even though I'm happy for them connecting, I'm still nervous on how things will be. They married me without my knowledge; that alone is crazy. And knowing them they want to keep it that way. So I can only hope that they'll atleast be nice in this marriage until I can find a way out.

Who am I kidding....I'm stuck with them. Forever.

A knock at my door breaks me from my thoughts as I was in the middle of beating some eggs for the kids. Going to the door I look through the peep hole seeing Charlie. Ugh Charlie; my over bearing, sweet next door neighbor.

Opening it up to see his excited bright face. As he's holding flowers. Not this again, I say to myself.

"H-Hi Nicki"
"Hey Charlie... how are you?"
"I'm good. Very good, now that you're in front of me"

I give him a small smile and it goes quiet. I awkwardly look at him ready to close my door but he speaks again.

"I- I got these for you. I seen them and thought that someone as beautiful as you deserved them"

"Awww Charlie... thank you that's so sweet of you" I say seeing him blush

He hands me my flowers and I invite him inside for some breakfast which he happily accepts.

As we're all eating our breakfast, another knock rings at my door. Looking through the peep hole yet again, I find Kellon, Faris and Megan. Shit, I say to myself hoping she doesn't think anything of Charlie being here.

Opening the door I greet them all, and soon as they enter into the kitchen I hear the twins yell Mama. Then I hear her say, "who are you?" with some
venom in her voice letting me know she's upset

Quickly rushing in after them I say, "this is Charlie. My neighbor"

I watch Megan look him up and down then towards me as if she's trying to see if I'm lying. Then she ask, why is he here.

"Well because....I brought Nicki some flowers and she invited me in for breakfast.. kinda like we're a family....right?" Charlie says chuckling

I cover my face sighing like Charlie is very sweet but can be so dumb at times. No one laughs or even chuckles with him. It's just quiet, till Faris breaks it.

"Well kids you wanna go see what Mama brought you?" He ask them as he takes them into the living room with Kellon following behind them

Charlie looks on confused and kinda scared of the staring eyes Megan has on him. And quickly says he'll leave out which he thankfully does. After locking the door behind him I go back into the kitchen to clean up. As I grab the plates and put them in the sink. A hand grabs my neck spinning me around.

Looking up I'm face to face with Megan as she has her hand around my neck staring at me with a hard look.

"So you got a family now, huh?"
"N-No!! He's- neighbor"

"Then why was he in this kitchen....eating food. So you cooking for him now..Tuh. Seems like you forgot who you messing with baby girl. Remember Jorden and I DONT share" she says squeezing my neck even tighter

"I- I sorry"
"You better be" she says letting me go
"I better not see him here again" she mutters into my ear

Just when I thought she was going to leave she stands on the side of me starting to wash the dishes. I muster up all the tears I feel coming to my eyes. With a dry throat I help her clean the dishes.