Chapter 1

• So to all that read this the 1st time I changed it around and made it better. Cause how I had it before had me like wtf to do next. But this one I like better. So I hope y'all enjoy! 💋

NICKI POV

Ugh, I groan to myself frustrated that yet again I'm out of a job. After 4 years of college and getting my bachelors I can't find a job with my degree. They say they need experience but I need a damn job in order to get experience! Only working from McDonald's to Starbucks to now nothing. Fired because of this damn covid, and them having to downsize.

I can't pay for my apartment and my mother's medical bills, it's bad enough I owe last months rent. What am I going to do.

I put in applications after applications but I haven't heard anything back. Not even from Burger King, at this point I will literally take anything someone offers me. Giving up I pick up my phone scrolling through instagram and come across by old classmate, Megan better known to everyone else as Megantheestallion. I watch a video of her performing, and I become entraced by it. I used to have a crush on her in high school and a little bit into college. But it's like who didn't! She's gorgeous and was slick with that mouth of hers.

After the video ends, I like it and think about commenting under it. I type... then delete it, then type again. Until I go to delete but I end up pressing post.... like a fucking idiot!

"No. No. No.NO!! Fuck, how do I delete it?" I scream out loud to myself not finding the delete button

I close the app throwing my phone next to me in utter shock and scared that she'll see the heart emojis with the "Go Girl" I put. My phone dings twice back to back and I don't even wanna see what it is. Could be her, could be my landlord telling me to get out, or the hospital saying another check bounced.

I ignore my phone for the rest of the day until I couldn't any longer. I was peacefully sleeping and my phone ranged, not even looking at it I answer.

"Hello"

"Oh now she can answer her phone.. Hello to you too Onika" I instantly sit up recognizing that voice, shit.

"H-Hey... s-sorry it got busy for me.. a-and I haven't looked at my phone. But wait... how did you get my number?"

"I have my ways... I seen what you posted under my video.. well Jorden did. And -"

"What's up O!!" I hear in the phone, knowing that it's Jorden.

"H-Hey!"
"Oh come on stop acting all shy on us"

"Tuh how am I supposed to act. I'm on the phone with two greatness"

"Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha" I hear from the both them laughing

We continue to talk as if we've stayed in contact with each other and as if it was just another Thursday. I tell them how my mom is in the hospice after being diagnosed with stage three lung cancer. Our conversation flows till almost 6 in the morning.

"We should let you go.. I know you got work, well probably in what three hours" Jorden says

"Um... no... not really"
"What you mean not really" Megan says

"Well I don't have a job"

"WHY?!" They both scream into the phone about to buss my ear drum

"Uh duh covid!! I know y'all rich and all and don't see how it affects y'all. But us everyday living from pay check to pay check it affects us. I got laid off cause we had too many people and they couldn't pay us"

..............

Quiet that's all I hear on the other end, making me feel bad for spazzing out on them like that.

"I.. I'm sorry y'all. I've just been stressed that's all. I'm sorry for speaking to y'all like that"

"No apology needed.. but you right. You right. we had no clue how bad it is." Jorden says but I don't hear Megan which makes me feel even worse.

"Umm.. I'll - I'll just let y'all go. A-And I'm s-sorry for what I said" I quickly rush out then hang up before either one can say anything.

Ugh, what the fuck. I say to myself

THE NEXT DAY

I wake up to my phone ringing knowing already who it is. Another bill collector. I just let the phone ring until they stop calling, I guess giving themselves a break. My phone rings again and when I see Megan's name appear up, I drop my phone from nervousness. I can't talk to them after I spazzed on them. I pick up my phone going to decline the call but my phone ends it anyway.

I take a deep breath and it's ringing again. And again. And again. Till a text message comes through.

Since you don't want to answer your phone. Answer your door.

Oh shit, how did they find out where I live!?! Fuck this damn celebrity status they got now. They doing too much. I go answer the door to have it pushed open and in walks Megan followed by Jorden. I quickly close the door, and as soon as I turn around Megan pushes me onto the door with her hand around my throat.

"Why didn't you answer your phone?" She mutters out

"C-Cause"
"Cause what" Jorden ask

"Cause I can! I can do whatever I want" I say with some fake confidence that quickly dies down when I see the look on both of their faces. I quickly apologize but they are not having it.

"Who you getting loud with?" Jorden ask
"N-N- No one"

"That's right! Now the reason we kept calling you, was to tell you that we found a job for you" Megan says

"W-What! Where?"
"As my personal assistant" she says

"What, I- I thought you had a assistant-"
"I do but I need a personal one he's good for all my shows and stuff but I need someone that could really do stuff for that I only trust that person to do.... And I trust you"

"So what do you say?" She ask me giving me puppy dog eyes knowing I will say yes. And I do... I just hope I don't regret it.