The Wild Shot

As Cat Noir carries Kim away, the black cat-themed hero decides to talk to the Miraculous-less student.

"What were you thinking? Angering someone while there's a terrorist who feeds on the negative emotions of Paris' population." He asks the young man while continuing to carry him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't expect the guy to go feral when I was messing with him. I was just having some fun." Kim nervously tells the hero.

Cat Noir sighs when he hears this, and Kim goes on.

"I mean, I wasn't doing much. It's not like I threw anything at them. All I did was try and impress my friends by talking about how I could take a panther in a race." Kim tells the hero.

"You still should have been careful. Who knows what could happen with Hawkmoth around." Cat Noir tells the teen before seeing André Bourgeois' bakery and gets an idea.

"Hang on. I've got the perfect place to hide you from something with an amazing sense of smell." Cat Noir says before jumping off the rooftop, causing Kim to scream in fear and rush toward the store's entrance.

He quickly enters the empty shop and causes a slightly anxious André to jump and raise a wooden baking paddle defensively. However, the man soon calms down when he realizes who entered his shop.

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought you might be one of those wild animals that escaped the zoo." André says with a relieved smile as he stares at the hero and his plus one.

"Nope. Just your friendly neighborhood alley cat." Cat Noir says with a grin like he's been waiting to use that line for a while.

"Anyway. Can I hide this guy here until the Akuma is captured? The smell from the bakery should mask his scent and keep the Akuma from finding him." Cat Noir explains, causing André vigorously nods.

"Of course. Before you go, though. Could I offer you some pastries to go? As a hero, you must keep up your strength." André says as he gives Cat Noir his best customer service smile and motions toward the variety of baked goods in the front desk display.

Cat Noir stares at the baked goods before accepting the offer and requesting a couple of crepes. André quickly puts the food in a bag before handing it to the hero and giving one to him directly. As the hero holds it, André takes out his phone and takes a quick picture.

"Thank you for your business," André enthusiastically says while pushing the hero out of his shop as he tries to comprehend what happened.

"Did I just get used as free advertisement?" He questions in confusion before deciding to shrug it off and enjoy the food before running toward Ladybug.

With said heroine, she's currently trying to knock Animan out of the air. But the animal-morphing Akuma is proving to be a more difficult target than her other air-born enemies. His small size and maneuverability make it nearly impossible for her to get a direct hit, and he's managed to scratch her a few times.

One of those times is now. He skillfully maneuvers through the storm of fireballs and charges at Ladybug, scraping her shoulder with his talon.

"Ow!" She shouts in alarm as she grabs her shoulder and tries to hit the bird from behind. However, Animan transforms into a fly, and Ladybug can't see him.

Ladybug looks around wildly for the Akuma, but he's too small for her. Seeing this causes her to panic, thinking he flew off after Kim. She quickly opens her yo-yo and shouts into the communicator.

"Cat Noir! I lost track of Animan! Is Kim somewhere safe?" She asks in a panic.

"Don't worry. I hid him somewhere the Akuma shouldn't find. It's somewhere no one would expect." Cat Noir tells her confidently, calming Ladybug's nerves.