A Miraculous Discovery

Tikki is now staring at both Marinette and Nate. Both teens were now both sitting on the edge of Marinette's bed. In between, them was the puzzle box.

"Now then, shall I start from the beginning?" Tikki asks.

"That would be helpful, yes." Nate states.

"Alright then, let's begin." Tikki smiles and closes her eyes.

Suddenly, Marinette and Nate found themselves no longer in Marinette's room. They were still on Marinette's bed, but now it was floating in space.

"No, no, I do not like this." Nate quickly states.

He moves back to the middle of the bed and holds on to the sheets. Marinette, on the other hand, was mesmerized by this experience.

"Wow." She quietly said.

"Don't worry, you two, this isn't actual space. It's a room-sized space that I'm able to manipulate. Think about it as if you were self-consciously in a dream." Tikki explains.

"A little warning would have still been nice," Nate states as he stays in the middle of the bed.

"I know, but seeing humans' reactions to this is always a joy for me." Tikki smiles.

Before Nate can make another comment, Tikki cuts him off.

"Now then, back to the lesson."

Marinette and Nate watch as different beams of light start to fly through the universe.

"We Kwami are beings that embody the concepts of the universe. For millennia we have been watching the universe grow."

Marinette and Nate are now watching as the Kwami fly towards Earth.

"However, after so long, we grew bored of only watching from another plane. So, we decided to experiment with a new idea." Tikki explains.

The space then turned into an old eastern style home. Inside was an older man working at a desk with multiple pieces of jewelry being created or finished.

"So, I sent one of you humans capable of using magic a vision. The vision allowed him to create special charms that would allow mortals to use our powers." Tikki explains as the two cousins see the older man finish the last piece of jewelry.

After he does, the jewelry starts to glow and float in the air before going in different directions.

"We then started an experiment to see what would happen when mortals had our powers." The space then showed images of various people in animal-like clothes.

They were people of various ages, races, and nationalities. Each one had a piece of jewelry somewhere on their person.

"Some of you ended up becoming heroes. Others tried to use our powers to gain control."

The space displayed an image of a muscular man with a lion's pelt over his head, charging toward a giant, multi-headed serpent. Behind the creature was a person holding a fan in a dark blue and purple outfit.

"Eventually, these people would clash. In doing so, each wielder would develop more powers for the next wielder of the jewels. Eventually, these jewels would come to be called Miraculous." Tikki tells them.

"Well, that explains what's on Marinette's ears, but what about the box?" Nate asks.

"Yeah, did you get locked away because of something an evil wielder did?" Marinette asks.

Tikki smiles at the two before going on to her explanation.

"That is a relatively recent development. After a while of us being on Earth with the Miraculous, some humans started to get organized. Soon there was an entire order around the Miraculous called the Order of Guardian." Tikki explains.