Of Parents and Their Pups

Sabrina looks at the small dog-like fairy creature with mouth-opened wide-eyed shock as it floats in front of her face. When Barkk sees her reaction, she has a smug and nostalgic smile.

"Oh, how I've missed that reac-" Barkk starts before being interrupted by Sabrina swinging at her with a heavy textbook resting near the desk.

The textbook flies through her, and Sabrina's shock returns tenfold while Barkk smirks at her.

"Nice swing." Barkk compliments so casually you wouldn't believe said swing was aimed toward her a second ago.

Sabrina doesn't say anything back to Barkk as her brain seems to shut down while trying to understand what happened. After a few seconds, her mind works again, and she looks at Barkk with fear and curiosity.

"What are you?" Sabrina asks the Kwami.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Barkk, and I'm what you call a Kwami." Barkk introduces herself with a disarming smile.

It doesn't seem to work on Sabrina, though. She keeps a suspicious gaze trained on Barkk. Upon seeing this, Barkk sighs.

"We Kwami are universal gods. We're magical beings that represent one of the concepts of the universe. I'm the Kwami of Loyalty, Barkk. It's nice to meet you." Barkk states while holding her tiny arm out to shake Sabrina's.

Sabrina doesn't take it and keeps her textbook ready for another swing.

"What do you want with me?" Sabrina asks the Kwami suspiciously, having trouble buying Barkk's story despite everything happening in Paris.

"Why, to make your wish come true. I want you to wield my Miraculous and become a hero. You'll be like Ladybug and Cat Noir and have the chance to fight Hawkmoth." Barkk offers the girl.

"And what do you want?" Sabrina asks, referring to what Barkk gets out of this.

Barkk gives her a faux flat look before saying.

"You know, most girls your age would probably be excited at the chance to become a magical girl," Barkk says before her face brightens with a grin.

"I love it. You're perfect to be my wielder." Barkk compliments her.

Sabrina doesn't say anything, and Barkk finally answers her question.

"I'm not interested in anything particular. I want a wielder, and you were the best candidate I saw. All I want is to live with you and for you to wield my power to become like Ladybug, Cat Noir, and Hawkmoth." Barkk explains while waving their arm dismissively.

"So, you're offering to let me become a hero?" Sabrina asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Pretty much." Barkk nods.

Sabrina's eyes light up in excitement as she thinks about being able to help the heroes and her dad against Hawkmoth. Then she remembers her dad, and her eyes seem to dim with worry.

"Can I have some time to think about it?" Sabrina asks.

"Of course. There's a lot to think about here. Take as much time as you need. You have less of it than I do. I'm glad you didn't accept this without thinking about it." Barkk grins before she flies toward Sabrina's bed and gets comfortable on it.

"Ah, this is the stuff. How I've missed human beds." Barkk says as she lays on a pillow and puts Sabrina's blanket over her tiny body.

Sabrina watches Barkk make herself comfortable and bites her lip while thinking.

"Should I really go through with this? I want to help, but what will Dad think?" Sabrina thinks in worry.

Sabrina isn't the only one dealing with family problems. Marinette is sitting on her bed with Tom and Sabine standing in front of her with looks of anger, worry, sadness, and disappointment.