Spritz and Spray

Marinette and Nate rushed toward the hotel and managed to arrive pretty quickly. 

Standing out front of the door was a doorman with light skin, grey eyes behind circular glasses, and hair with shaved sides under a red with gold highlights breton hat with a black visor.

The man's uniform consists of a white dress shirt with a red tie under a black dress jacket with a red highlight going down the middle where the buttons are, matching black pants with red highlights going down the outer legs, black dress shoes, and white gloves.

"You two are making good time today." The doorman tells them with a smile on his face.

"Thanks," Nate says while panting from exhaustion after rushing all the way here.

"I wish someone had come to pick us up, though. It would have been a lot easier to get here earlier." Marinette adds.

"Well, no point in complaining about it now, you two. Hurry up and get upstairs to meet Mayor Dupain and Prince Ali." The doorman tells them while pointing inside the lobby.

When he says that, Nate can't help but blink in surprise while Marinette runs inside. Nate doesn't follow her in and only stares at the doorman with a raised eyebrow.

"Nate, come on!" Marinette shouts from inside the lobby.

"Coming." He calls out to her.

He runs past the doorman and meets up with Marinette, who gives him a weird look.

"What's the matter with you?" Marinette asks him with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry, I'm not used to new staff talking to me like that. Most are usually nervous around me because they think I can get them in trouble. It's only when I'm helping them around the hotel that they start to warm up to me. That is the first time one of the new staff has given me an order in such a confident tone." Nate explains to his cousin.

"Really?" Marinette asks before looking towards the doorman curiously.

"Yeah, I wonder where dad found this guy," Nate tells her with a grin.

They then run off while the doorman continues to do his job. When they get to the hotel elevators, Nate looks at Marinette while holding his bag.

"You have your gifts to help the drive, right?" He asks her, and Marinette nods.

"Yep, I also have Rose's letter right here," Marinette tells Nate while raising the letter in her hand.

"Alright, that's good." Nate nods.

"Let's get our gifts quickly and then meet with Tom and Prince Ali," Marinette tells him, and he nods.

The two teens had gotten their own items to donate to the toy drive for sick children after their parents asked them to help. Their parents were even willing to help pay for them if they thought it was a good idea to give the children.

Nate's gift was a few gaming systems plus controllers and games for the children to have fun playing while they're recovering. Marinette's gift was a few lego building sets for the kids to build with.

When the two saw the other's gift, they both smiled.

"Nice choice," Nate tells her.

"Thanks, can't go wrong with a classic," Marinette tells him.

The two walk to the elevator and hit the button before Marinette looks at Nate.

"Should we work on what we need to say?" Marinette asks him.

Nate shrugs and says.

"I usually stick to being natural during these. You can think of something if you want, though." Nate tells her as the elevator bings, signaling the doors opening.