The Smell of Royalty

Ladybug and Cat Noir are currently chasing after another Akuma. Said Akuma making the Eiffel Tower vanish before people's eyes earlier.

The Akuma is a male teen with slightly tanned skin, brown eyes behind a black domino mask, and brown hair under a magician top hat. Matching this, the Akuma wore a stereotypical magician outfit and had a wand.

Ladybug is already in her winter seams suit and is trying to freeze the Akuma in place while Cat Noir tries to tackle him. Unfortunately, this Akuma is very annoying. Any attack Ladybug fires at him suddenly vanish when it hits his wand while they use their cape to disappear and reappear in a different spot as Cat Noir is about to pin him.

"Ugh, will you just let us capture you!" Cat Noir finally shouts in annoyance as Ladybug is angrily nodding in agreement.

"Hahaha, sorry, heroes, but Magician of Misfortune shall never be captured. For like the Eiffel Tower, I can disappear within an instant. However, unlike the Eiffel Tower, I can reappear as well." The now-named Magician of Misfortune laughs at the frustrated heroes.

Unfortunately for him, that is, Magician of Misfortune closed his eyes while laughing at the heroes, and Ladybug was both frustrated and in a rush today.

When Ladybug sees that Magician of Misfortune is distracted by his boasting and instantly fires off another blast of ice, Magician of Misfortune isn't able to make it vanish with his wand, and he finds himself fully encased in ice. When the heroes see that, they can't help but gain savage smirks.

"Finally, hopefully, we never have to deal with this guy again." Ladybug says in the most satisfied and relieved tone Cat Noir has ever heard from his partner.

"Yes, I am fully on board with that." Cat Noir rapidly nods in agreement before the two heroes walk towards the frozen Magician of Misfortune.

Cat Noir taps on the ice while Ladybug inspects the hand holding Magician of Misfortune's wand.

"So, how are we going to get the wand?" Cat Noir asks her.

Ladybug narrows her eyes in thought as she inspects the ice. She puts her hand on the ice and the area where her hand is slowly starts to vanish as she reaches for the wand. Cat Noir grows nervous when he sees this, not wanting to deal with the Akuma again.

"Careful." Cat Noir nervously tells her.

Ladybug remains focused on what she is doing and finally manages to melt the ice enough. So only the tip of Magician of Misfortune's wand shows outside the ice. She then moves out of the way for Cat Noir.

"Alright, now you can use Cataclysm to destroy the wand." Ladybug tells him with a smile.

Cat Noir nods and raises his hand.

"Cataclysm." He says, and dark magical energy envelops his hand.

Cat Noir walks over and carefully moves his hand; so he doesn't accidentally hit the ice and release Magician of Misfortune. Finally, he taps the wand tip with his finger, and it crumbles to dust to release the butterfly. Ladybug then captures it and shouts.

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

Magic ladybugs sweep over Paris and return the Eiffel Tower to where it was before.

"Pound it." Cat Noir says happily as he turns to Ladybug with his fist raised for a fist bump.

However, he didn't see Ladybug when he turned around. He blinks for a few seconds before looking around. When he does, he sees Ladybug running away from him on the rooftops. This causes him to blink in confusion again and his fake ears to droop slightly.