In the Concrete Jungle

In the school courtyard, Marinette sits next to Nate and works on one of her designs while Nate is playing one of his hand-held consoles.

"So, how does getting a statue sound to you?" Nate asks with a teasing grin as the two cousins relax.

That causes Marinette to put her pencil down and her face into her hands.

"Please don't remind me of that. I still can't believe Tom plans to make statues for us." Marinette mutters into her hands, but Nate can still hear her.

"Well, you guys are heroes. It's a given that you'll get a statue for how much you've saved the city." Nate reminds her.

"But for us to get a statue. I wanted to be a fashion designer, not a superhero." She tells Nate.

"You can be both." Nate shrugs.

Marinette groans when she hears that, but the two pause their conversation when Nino and Adrien walk toward them.

"Hey, dudes. Adrien and I are planning to visit the zoo after school. You guys want to join us?"

Nate pauses his game and looks toward his friends with a smile.

"Sounds like fun. What about you?" Nate asks Marinette.

She taps her chin for a second before smiling at the two boys.

"It's been a while since I've been to the zoo. Maybe it'll give me some inspiration for my next design." Marinette tells them.

"I'm surprised you need new inspiration. I mean, you won my father's contest. That shows how amazing a designer you are." Adrien tells her with a smile.

Marinette blushes at the compliment and gives Adrien an appreciative smile.

"Thanks. I'm still a bit surprised that my design was picked." Marinette tells him.

"It's awesome. You got acknowledged by a famous designer. Just think. Not only will I be able to brag about being friends with the son of a famous designer. I can say I went to school with a future one." Nino says while putting an arm over Adrien's shoulder with a grin.

"You can also brag about being friends with the son of the owner of Paris' most famous hotel." Nate pipes up with a similar grin.

Nino smacks his forehead in realization before saying.

"You're right. This year has been nothing but crazy for me. I'm friends with a lot of high-class people." Nino says with a bit of a laugh.

Before the group can continue, the bell rings.

"So, we'll meet up after class and head to the zoo?" Nate asks.

"Yep. Until then, off to class." Nino says while pointing in the direction of their classroom.

After class, the quartet pack their things and meet up to leave.

"You guys sure you're parents are okay with this? Adrien's old man doesn't seem to like him being out of the house for things other than school." Nino says while pointing a thumb to an awkward Adrien.

"Don't worry about it. Now that we're not grounded, we can do things like this. I already texted Dad and Jean-Yves where we'd be going." Nate tells him while shaking his phone.

"I told Mama, too. She said to have fun." Marinette tells them.

"Cool." Nino grins while Adrien looks toward them in slight envy.

"I'm jealous. You guys can move around however you like." He sighs.

"Sorry that your father is so controlling," Marinette says while giving Adrien a look of pity.