𝗫𝗫𝗫𝗩𝗜

𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘪𝘹

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

Sanguine Society was a large pack filled with mystical creatures. Driving through was like taking a trip across the Tongass Forest.

Their society was gorgeous. Women and children were walking around with smiles on their faces and I just knew this place was peaceful.

A pack is nothing without the feeling of security and no one would dare challenge Alpha Kian. He ruled for many years once his father Alpha Keagan stepped down when he was of age.

I remember when I was younger and dreamt of coming here. I mean, who wouldn't? This pack is under the protection of the notorious Alpha Kian and I've been welcomed by the Luna.

This isn't how I imagined my first experience to be but I guess one thing came out of becoming their mistress since I won't be here for long.

Then I can return to Woodcreek Academy to continue teaching my students. It would be nice for them to be able to come here and witness this perfection.

Sitting across from the twins, Killian was fast asleep with his head resting back. The Luna and his guards decided to ride in a separate vehicle.

Keenan sat across from me and he would occasionally stare out the window before diverting his eyes back to me. Throughout this car ride, I've been teaching him the basics of English as he would Italian with me.

Learning Italian was harder than I imagined. Their grammar was far more complex but English has a wider range of vocabulary.

It's not so much its complexity that's challenging but rather there are just so many verb conjugations, tenses, and irregularities to learn.

The main thing we are focusing on right now is the pronouncement of certain dialects.

And I've managed to learn one thing about Keenan; his accent is of Tuscan dialect which is why his words come out sweeter, a little closer to French with the amount of breath usage.

There was a difference in pronunciation with Florentine Tuscan.

"Standard Italiano is required?" I asked him. He looked at me with a curious glint in his eyes.

"Required," he pushed his fingers together, trying to remember what that meant. "Ahh, required it was. It was required by la mia famiglia," he explained.

I had to focus whenever he spoke. His accent butchered the language.

"Okay. How different?" I kept my sentences from being too wordy. "The verb 'have'."

He snapped his fingers, pointing his index finger at me as he shook his head. "Yes. Have."

"I have," I placed my hand on my chest. "How would you say 'I have' in Standard compared to Tuscan? I want to learn your dialect."

"It is same," he breathed, placing his hand on his Adam's apple, patting his neck. "It comes from here. lo ho."

"Your throat?" I clarified.