𝗫𝗟𝗜

𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘖𝘯𝘦

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

It's been a week.

They fed us properly, allowed us a bath once a day, and pampered me. We had constructed a plan. And by this time, they should be arriving.

Enoch stretched his legs out, his lean body flattened as he rested his neck by leaning back, his head bent over the chair's backrest. He taps his foot three times and Zade lifts his head, his eyes boring into the side of his face.

Huh?

Enoch raised and then moved his lips, talking with no volume. Zade attentively watched his lips and once he was done, the deaf alpha nodded his head.

You have intelligent students. They may be a little slow in the heads but you should watch them—especially that assassin.

Enoch? "Why?" I replied, my thoughts were conjuring up negative emotions.

Something tells me he has his own agenda.

"Enoch," I softly called his name. His head turned in my direction. "Who are you loyal to?"

He paused. I could see the thoughts swirling behind those emerald clouds.

"My dead mom," he replied. No matter what he did, he kept the same stoic attitude unless he was teasing but I don't think I've ever seen him angry or upset. Maybe he was incapable.

"How come you don't get mad?" We had five minutes.

"Emotions can hinder you during a job. I've seen a couple of my pack mates die because they allowed anger to fuel them. It ain't a pretty sight, baby," he answered.

"Stop calling him baby. He has a mate now!" Elias snapped.

"Are you jelly?" Enoch leaned, smirking at the alpha who kept a disgusted look. "Because if you are, I can be yours. I just won't be home a lot, cutie."

"Please," Elias huffed, rolling his eyes. Shadow glared at the mischievous male. "I find you cuter when you're not talking," he added.

"You could always shove a gag in my mouth," Enoch paused then he smiled. "You called me cute."

"No I didn—," Elias started to deny, paused, then grumbled, "It was not in that way. You are not that cute. You're 1/4 cute and it's because of your curly hair."

Subconsciously, Shadow diverted his eyes up as if checking to see if his hair matched the scale.

Enoch started chuckling as he looked down at his lap, seemingly deep in thought. "So, Mitsuo, how is it?"

"How is what?" I tapped my fingers on my thigh while sitting criss-crossed on the floor across from Zade who silently watched the movement.

He licked the corner of his teeth, digging out a scrap of leftover food. "Being mated to psychopaths?"

"I don't know. He took me before I had the chance to experience it but I guess things happen for a reason," I sighed.