𝗫𝗩𝗜𝗜

𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

It had been a couple of hours and the room was starting to get warmer. That wasn't a good sign because sickness and warm climates didn't go together.

Elijah was burning up. He constantly coughed and sweat coated his face and toned abs, trickling down each defined muscle.

"You're Alpha Kian's firstborn," I softly stated while watching his features tense. I needed to keep him distracted.

That explains why he knows Italian and why I've never seen him transform in front of others. He didn't want others to know where he came from despite the royal blood pumping through his veins.

He wasn't getting better. I could tell his body was fighting off the illness but his skin was turning pale and red spots were popping up on his body like zits.

"Stay awake!" I crawled over to him then gently patted his cheek but he groaned in protest. "Elijah, please. You can't sleep."

"I'm not sleeping, Mr. Mitsuo," he swallowed thickly as he breathed out his nose. "Just resting my eyes."

"You have to open your eyes then so you don't accidentally do it." I pout.

I watched the way his toned chest rises and falls as he breathes. Elijah was fit. There was no doubt about it even when he was sick, his body looked immaculate with the sweat glistening off of his olive-tanned skin.

"I won't," he gruffly says.

"Why?" I question. He has no say in his body shutting down. Especially when it's this weak right now.

"Because I'm starting to hallucinate," he grunts out while positioning himself further up my thighs as he pulls the sheets further up his toned stomach.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I watched him in silence. This is my fault. If he never came to save me then he'd be as healthy as a newborn baby. Instead, my new friend came to my rescue.

But now it was my time to save him.

"Elijah, I'm gonna try and break us out of here," I say, knowing I'm weak but I have to try. I gently lifted his head and rested it against the floor.

The pain coursing through my broken hand was unfathomable. My healing rate wasn't as good as an alpha's but it was still there. I just needed a little more time.

Rising to my feet, I ran over to the bed to grab two pillows and rushed back over to the naked alpha.

I slid the two pillows underneath his head and he sighed in contentment. "Not gonna lie, your thighs felt softer," he muttered.

"Oh, hush." With heated cheeks, I started searching the room for any possible way out; tossing clothes out of drawers, looking under the bed, and peeking into the closet but to my luck, there were only clothes.

"Elijah, are you still awake over there?" I peered from the other side of the bed, squinting my eyes at him.

"Unfortunately," he deadpanned.