𝗫

𝘛𝘦𝘯

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

"While we find out who did this, just return to your classroom. School must go on," Elijah instructed and I happily obliged.

My phone though.

I should probably go back to get it but I didn't want to cause any more trouble. Maybe someone will find it in there with Keenan and send it to the lost and found.

Elijah escorted me into the building with Diesel walking on the other side of me, sandwiching me between them. "We need to find Killian quick. I thought he was with the assigned trainees today?"

"Um, about that," Diesel cleared his throat while rubbing the back of his neck. "They are—" he glanced at me through his peripheral vision before his eyes snapped back at Elijah. "Two were injured."

Elijah cocked his brow. "There were three assigned to him. Where is the third?" he asked the paled alpha.

"We should discuss this privately," Diesel conveyed slowly as if trying to hint at something to keep me from being informed.

I frowned because I didn't like being out of the loop but I am the freshy here. They didn't see me as one of them yet. Halfway to my class, Elijah and Diesel briefly dismissed themselves to join the other alphas.

It seems that my presence at this school has only brought misfortune.

I had approximately ten minutes before the bell rang so I didn't stress too much. I just had to treat the day like any other day despite my house being burnt to the ground by some pyromaniac and my phone being lost because I was a klutz.

I walked to my classroom with my head hung low. I had nothing to my name if they were unable to recover my stuff.

In times like this, it's hard to control my urges to give in to that temptation that haunts me every day. But backtracking wasn't an option. I must remain focused.

As I went to open the door, I noticed that it was ajar but I didn't take a mental note of it simply for the fact that I was too overwhelmed by everything.

I flicked the lights on and then gently shut the door before walking over to my desk. Plopping down in my seat, I went to tidy up my desk until the sound of a desk moving created a screeching sound that made my ears flinch.

My eyes snapped up to see Killian in the back of the classroom with his feet propped up on the desk in the aisle next to him since his legs were long.

"I don't know if it's sad that you didn't notice me or that I had to make myself known," he murmured as he rhythmically tapped his foot while using his fingers to twirl the bic lighter between his fingers before catching it while his eyes lingered on me.

"What..." was all I could muster up to say. The wind was knocked out of me from just his presence.

He leans back in the desk, stretching his leg over the other while craning his head back to where I could see the inky tattoos dance deep within the flawless olive skin on his neck. "You're too oblivious, Hideki. What if I was some creep preying on you?"

But my attention was on the bic lighter in his roughed hand that continued to ignite since his thumb quickly and firmly rolled the metal spark wheel down, igniting a little flame until he pushed his thumb down to put the flame out. He did this repeatedly.