Chapter 51~Progress~

Dottore Pov

Two weeks later...

*Crash*

"Damn it!"

Another test tube broken and I still haven't found this last ingredient. The amount of serum that the Yaksha gave me is enough to do more test but I have to succeed! There is no room for failures!

The notebook I had written in for the past month is completely full from results. Most were steps to recreated each ingredient. Lucky it only composed of 3 things but this last one is, challenging.

First ingredient was a soother for the users throat. Glaze lilies are a substitute for this aspect really. The second ingredient is more of a visual effect, not a necessity but the third I haven't been able to identify yet.

I was able to separate each ingredient but the last I haven't really encountered yet. It gives off an elemental energy but it's not from, what was his name, Xiao vision.

Setting up for the next test, a loud knock came on my lab door. Before I could answer, Pantalone came rushing into my lab, making me groan in annoyance

"What now?"

"S-she's back." I froze, it's too early for her to be back now. That brat been on the run for a month at least and he's been caught that quick!? He can't even evade someone for at least another month. "Scaramouch is in critical condition. Y/N really didn't  care for his being."

"Keep her out and bring him in. He's lucky I need him for a few things."

"Yes Dottore." Pantalone rushed out of my lab. This gave me a few minutes to clean everything up. Unfortunately this experiment will have to wait longer now.

Y/N POV

"You can't hide forever now Scara!" 

This building I'm in has a homie feeling. This purple smoke seems fine to me. The effect it's supposed to give is sleepiness but I have no reason to feel angry, not yet at least.

"Scara. Scaaaarra."

I continued to look for the doll. I did a number on him before he scurried away but he is decent at hiding. He left no blood trails, figured since Ei didn't make him a real human.

Shoving boxes over, I found, nothing. A shame I wanted to knock his teeth in more. This building has one last room and it was rather large. Opening the door, I found part of Scaramouche hat. Just the trim.

"Shame that your lovely hat is damaged. Listen, I have no good reason to kill you. Last chance before unspeakable happens."

He stayed silent. Unfortunately for him, I knew where he was. Right by the exit. His attempt to escape was ruined by chains grabbing his ankle. He huffed, trying to escape but to no avail. I pulled him closer, feeling his fear increase.

"I told you, one chance was all I gave. Now sadly I can't have all my fun but I still can have a bit."

Grabbing his ankle, he was lifted into the air. His attempts were adorable but pointless. Grinning, the boy body was easy to throw against the wall. I kept the chain attach to him. Dragging him back, throwing and repeating.