Chapter 12 ~Play Time~

You and Pantalone took your time getting back to the palace. The walk back felt normal. Really you both talked about hobbies, stories and even jokes. It took about 10 minutes to walk back

Every breath you took made your body ease. Your feeling of eyes watching was put at bay. Being outside in the woods really settles your mind. Pantalone saw you more relax as you were out of the public eye. Being isolated from the public and really anyone can ease or hurt someone.

Finally you made it back to the palace doors. Walking in, there was two soldiers who saluted to the harbinger.  Their greetings ended as the two looked at you.

"Nex, her highness has requested your presence in the throne room. Please allow us to guided you." The soldiers waited for you to follow. You looked at Pantalone.

"Can you please place this in my room. I'm sure I won't get time till later." He nodded his head as he had his signature smile. He took the bag and walked off. You followed the soldiers to the throne room

One of the soldiers looked calm as the other wanted to ask a question. He held his tongue as you approached the throne room. Before he could knock on the door you stopped him.

"You have a question on your mind, speak. I won't hurt you." The solider was even more petrified as you looked at him. He looked about 17 years old, about 5'7. He took a moment before he spoke.

"Speak when a harbinger is speaking to you soldier."

"Oh don't call me that. Im not one of them. What is your question dear?" You're voice calmed him down enough to speak.

"Would you be a harbinger if given a choice? You give off the presence of one." The question threw you off. You were expecting a question about your ruthless nature but he just wanted your opinion.

"Well it really just depends on what the job entails. Serving someone just for a job isn't something that many wish. I' am the same. There's has to be a purpose to do so." The soldier smiled and thanked you for the response. He then knocked on the door.

"You may enter. Her voice pierced the air as the boy enter.

"Your majesty, Nex is here by your request." She sat up in excitement.

"Send her in." The boy brought you in. Before the boy left, he bowed. Closing the door as he left.

"Y/N dear, how has your stay been so far?"

"Wonderful. So far Pantalone has showed me around  the city today. Dottore been in his lab so much that I wanted to leave for a bit."

The Tsaritsa smiled warmly. "Dottore doesn't get out much, he needs to.  Hopefully you can drag him out at some point."

"I wouldn't promise on that. I myself is trying to find boundaries with him."

"He is short temper but enough about him. I do love your new outfit." She came and fluffed the fur around your neck. "Elegant and beautiful." She went back to her throne and grabbed an item. Seeing what the item was almost made you cry.

Your baby was back, shiny as ever. A brand new handle was made and the blade was replaced. She came down from her throne and presented your scythe.

"I had the smith salvage all that could be saved. Have your weapon soldier."

You took the weapon from her hand as you felt the handle. The metal that was exposed was smooth. A little lighter than before but still heavy. Feeling the blade, you took your finger against the blade. Sharp it was as it drew blood. Simple healing was done as you spin the scythe.

"Go on fully swing it."

"I think I want to keep you waiting as it's a secret." You winked as you swing it to the side as it disappeared. She sighed in defeat.