Chapter 37~Friends~

Xiao made no movements, he kept his polearm to your throat. His expression was strong, determination in his brows. No words were spoken between the Yaksha.

"Xiao I have no intention of hurting anyone in this city."

"Tch that still doesn't make up for what's been done." His gripped tightened around his weapon.

"What will make you stand down?"

"That demon needs to stand down. I will not let her run ramped in my presence ever again." He inched closer to your neck. He gave a sense of hesitation, like he cared. Xiao never showed his emotion but you were different.

Taking the opening, Nex pushed his weapon away. Xiao recovered from the force, regaining his grip. He went to swing but Nex moved out of the way.

"It's not my fault she caved in. I could have caused so much more trouble for you and Morax, but I didn't. Be greatful I didn't take your own life."

"Cause us more trouble? You almost started a damn war! Depart from Y/N body at once!"

Nex cackled at his words. Standing on a ruin pilar she sighed. "Conqueror of Demons was the title bestowed upon you. I hope you keep my kind in check. Low lives like them need to be put in there place."

"As to you." Xiao darted across the ruins. His speed was incredible fast as he used his anemo vision. He came within striking distance, jabbing at Nex.

She dodged with effort, pulling her own weapon out. Weapons clashed as the sounds echoed throughout the valley.

"If you really want to make this even more personal, I can cause trouble again." She chuckled low, looking dead in Xiao eyes. He made no remark. He pushed Nex back to a wall with a thud. A section of the wall collapsed above the two. Xiao moved out of the way from the falling rubble.

"Let me explain this to you one time, Xiao." Your voice took over, dropping Nex weapon. "I don't know what you two have went through but I alone am here for Morax. I have been getting better at controlling my emotions."

"How can I know if your really Y/N?" He brought a good point, recalling a childhood memory before Nex arrived should do it.

"When I was about three, you saved me from drowning in a lake. That was when I met another Yaksha who didn't shun me out due to my 'friend'."

"Shall you need assistance with your own problems, call my name." He recited the words he spoke that day. Pain flushed on his face.

"I can't guarantee if Nex will be caged for my whole time here but if you still protect this nation, I know you will make the right call." Closing your eyes, you turned around to leave. Leaving before Nex wanted to finish what she started.

"Then tell me this Y/N," your head turned to look at him. "When your business is finish, come find me. I may be able to help purify your soul once again. For the sake of Liyue, you will never leave my sight."

"Thank you Xiao. I trust your judgement then and now." Walking away, you went towards a waterfall not too far from the city. A calm place is what you needed. For sure Xiao is watching.

Sitting on the bank, you pulled the communication device that Dottore gave you. It was like a folding mirror. Opening the device, a keyboard was on the bottom while a scream was on top.

The screen turned on as your harbinger name came up. 'Nex, Grim Reaper.' Funny, no one gave you that title so why is it on the device. There was instruction on the screen, information on what buttons can do

1.  Request reinforcements
2. Contact harbinger
3. Self destruct

Clicking on #2 more options appeared.  Numbering 1-11 all the harbingers code names were listed. You looked for Dottore name and clicked on it. More options were displayed.