Chapter 42~Rebel~

Y/N offered some time with Zhongli while Childe did his own thing. While the harbinger task was to find Morax Gnosis, he wouldn't find it where his body was stored. Zhongli went on his story  of his "death" that happened recently.

"Now how is your bones after that fall? Someone as old as yourself must have felt that fall in your original form." Y/N snickered at Zhongli.

"I'll have you know my bones are perfectly fine. A fall like that would not hurt me at all. But beside that, where did you go for the night? Xiao insisted that you were to be found."

"Well, it's a long story really. A lot has happened since the last time we met. At least 500 years ago." Y/N gave a gloomy look. She recalled all the good and bad things that has happened. "It is only right that I tell you my situation. I do see you as my guardian even with how old I technically am."

"Oh? And what do you need guidance on dear?" Y/N gripped her tea cup harder. Eventually she made a crack form just from the pressure. She set the cup down before it broke even more.

"Please bear with me while I recall events."

Y/N started from when she first met Dottore. While he is a fatui harbinger, he cared more than what his reputation stated. He helped relax the demon inside of her just by accompanying her. All the outburst she had were in the presence of Dottore.

She then went to Mondstadt, the city that gave her freedom as a child but shunned because of her status. Zhongli engaged in conversation between a few moments but kept quiet most of the time.

"Whatever happened to Khaenri'ah is in the history books. But some people still live to this day." Y/N looked at her own hand, removing the glove. Looking at your inner wrist, the snowflake mark was still present.

"I see you have found a Khaenri'an not consumed by the curse yet."  Zhongli gently grabbed your wrist to look at the mark. He noticed the mark of Dottore contract as well.

"What curse? Is that way just about all of Khaenri'ah people are gone?"

"The answer is quite startling Y/N. Are you sure you want to obtain its history?" Zhongli let go of your wrist, he sat up straight, waiting for your response.

"If I could know what happened after I was petrified, it would put my anger to rest. But only rage that there is a curse on them."

"While I did send you to Khaenri'ah, I didn't wanted you to see the horrors of that place." Y/N was puzzled by his wording. Horrors?

"What do you mean?"

"After I sent you to Khaenri'ah, we archons received word of their true plans. Unfortunately these plan's involve your own life coming to an end."Silence covered the area. Y/N had no words to say from this statement.

"What would have happened?" Y/N have a stern face. Zhongli only looked out past her into the ocean. "Would my fate be worse than the one I'm on now? Or would I have died a warriors death?"

"Neither. Tormented by those you were forced to kill or let them die on the kings order. Your dreams would never let you out of those nightmares. Even now, they still haunt you to the core do they not."

A silent hum came from the Yaksha. "Those who I couldn't save. Guilt from the innocent that have died, more guilt from keeping secrets. My life is just a mess Morax." Y/N placed her elbows on to the table, a sigh escaped her lips.

"As a god who has seen over 6,000 years worth of pain and suffering, you are not what you claim to be."

"I'm a monster at heart. I have a demon inside me who even wants to kill you!" Y/N stood up, harshly slamming her hands on the stone table.