78.(HC) the first time

HARRY

LXXII

In his self-absorption, it took him a while to notice a detail.

Cedric didn't look as amazed as he was with the story they had just heard. 

"You already knew that," Harry tried to observe him despite the prevailing darkness of the secret passage, "didn't you?"

A brief silence.

"Harry asked me not to tell you unless you knew..."

Unsure how he felt about there being secrets, he questioned, "When did he hear the story?"

"In his third year," Cedric answered, brushing and arm with his in the narrow space.

"I wonder why I didn't…"

"At least we met in your third year."

Cedric grabbed his hand, unable to notice the smile on Harry's face. 

Harry wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

"The good thing," he commented, happily, "is that I didn't give the map to Ron. I would've been sad to lose a family heirloom. I can't believe my dad and his friends…"

LXXIII

He felt the urgent need to share that information with the twins.

Who insisted on convincing him to take them with him the next time he met them. 

"It would be a dream come true…"

"Meet our idols… "

"But you've met Professor Lupin," Harry laughed. "He taught us for a whole year."

George made a gesture as if he was going to faint. "We didn't know that a teacher could be…"

He looked at his brother, who with a grimace admitted, "So... No offense, Harry. Cool. "

Remus Lupin was a lot of things. 

That one probably not. 

"We saw his file," George said. "A prefect. From Gryffindor, which helps."

"And let's not forget that he is a werewolf…"

George nudged Fred. 

"What? I'm sorry. It's a very interesting fact. I've never met one…"

Then he made eyes at Harry until he stopped pretending he wouldn't accept. 

With a small unconditional favor.

"Whatever," they said in unison instantly. 

"I just wanted to ask if you could inform me of any… strange… behavior from Professor Moody."

They both frowned.

Fred put a hand on his shoulder. "Harry…"

"The man is the definition of strange," George replied, "but it's a deal."

"Don't be scared if we have updates every week."

LXXIV

Freed from the pressure of exams, he dedicated himself to paying attention to Moody during dinners, since he didn't appear in the Great Hall at any other time of the day. 

When he was present, he didn't talk to anyone and disappeared after a while.

He had explained to the Weasleys that he intended to be cautious due to his past experiences with the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers.