6.(HC) the best part

HARRY

XXIV

It had been months since he had last seen Cedric.

He looked just as beautiful as the first day, if not more so.

Although it took Harry by surprise to find him so early, he preferred it that way.

After so many letters and all the feelings that had swirled inside him in privacy, he felt closer to Cedric -not exactly in the friendly way, but still. He was happy they got to talk in person again and he had a couple of things to tell him. Yes, one of them was about running into Cho, which led to Harry offering to say hello.

All he meant to do with it was to be nice.

Cedric agreed and said that he hadn't had a way to contact her to find out where she was staying in the campsite. And that, unfortunately, they would sit on different sections in the stadium. He told Harry about Hunter, one of the boys on the Hufflepuff team, who had also come to the World Cup as they walked in the direction Harry had seen Cho a few hours earlier.

Taking advantage of the fact that they were alone, Harry mentioned what he heard. "Today, a while ago, some man from the Ministry dropped by. They were talking about... An event? Or something that will be important. I suppose it must be the same as what your father told you about. They said it will take place at Hogwarts."

"They didn't say what it was either, did they?"

"The Ministry people are mysterious."

"It seems as if they've commented on the matter to a lot of people," Cedric laughed. "I doubt they all had kept the secret as well as Mr. Weasley and my father."

Harry chucked too, wondering how that could be called keeping a secret.

He had paid special attention to everything those men said about it because of Cedric, in case he managed to find out something. Still, he was intrigued. An event at Hogwarts that Harry would not participate in? Because even if it was about Quidditch, he wasn't going to sign up.

Okay, maybe if it was about Quidditch... He'd consider it.

It was not likely, since they already had the Hogwarts Cup every year.

The illusion that his fourth year would be a calm one, without dangers, was burning strongly in his chest. Even if he feared that the wind might blow it out, he would keep it alight. He thought that, for once, he could miss something and just watch like everyone else.

XXV

Cho seemed glad to see them -especially Cedric, who she hugged the longest. Harry wished he could have hugged Cedric like that too. Yes, he had thought of it when he ran into him early that morning, but everyone was there and Harry froze.

It wasn't those extra seconds of difference that made him uncomfortable.

It was the way Cho looked at Cedric, as if she adored him.

Like he was the best thing that ever happened to her.

Harry understood it quite well.

CEDRIC

XXI

Cho offered to paint their faces with the colors of Ireland just as she had done to hers. Harry didn't hesitate to nod and stood still as she brushed his face and held his chin for stability.

"All yours," Harry instructed as he rose from the seat, freeing it.

Cedric wasn't convinced, but he sat down.