32.(CH) this is a sleepover

CEDRIC

LXXIII

It was a good thing that the room was tidier than usual, with the beds of those who took the train magically made, and since they had packed for the holidays, the rest of their belongings were stored in their places, safe from the sometimes a little too nosy magic of the housekeeping elves.

Because Harry was looking at some point in particular.

"I would never have imagined you as someone who would break the rules," he said, and Cedric could feel that Harry had turned to look at him. Cedric would have found it amusing if not for the fact that his stomach turned when those words led him to the late-night conversation he thought he'd had with Harry. “Especially to get your boyfriend into your room. I think I've been a bad influence on you, telling you illegal stuff and leading you astray.”

Even under those conditions, his laughter made Cedric smile.

"You haven't. Well, maybe a little bit, but I don't care. I think…” he stopped, about to mention that he hadn't told Harry this before. And even though it was true, he couldn't get distracted by reminiscing about the details. "You should know that I was like that before I met you," he said, making Harry laugh. “I've broken curfew a few times with friends in Ravenclaw. We visited the forbidden forest once.”

Okay, maybe that was all their idea and not his own.

And he might have been the boring, cautious person who didn't agree first, but Harry didn't need to know that part. 

Cedric liked who he was with him. 

He didn't feel like he was all of those things. 

LXXIV

Harry was surprised and wanted to know more.

Lying on the pillow, Cedric ended up sharing the same stories.

He heard in return others very similar that matched precisely. 

The forbidden forest with Hagrid and Ron, the restricted section of the library, and a not exactly off-limits bathroom, where events of dubious legality took place. His Harry also sounded as if he knew the castle better than his own hand, and he confided in an unheard-of occasion in which the headmaster had caught him at midnight. 

The only time and the most embarrassing —and it was such a sad memory that Cedric held him in his arms. Placing his head on Cedric’s chest, Harry asked what he believed he would see reflected in the Mirror of Erised, his heart's deepest desire.

"I'm sorry," Harry hastened to say, looking up embarrassed.

With a hand on his cheek, Cedric realized that it was true.

Of course it would be his mother.

However, the heart could possess so many longings.

Harry was like receiving what you didn't know you needed.

LXXV

The kiss that Harry initiated was soft and sweet.

Both of them lying down, with their legs intertwined and hands everywhere.

On each other’s hair and back, and suddenly no longer delicate as Harry ran his fingers under Cedric’s shirt. A strange chill washed over him, and he couldn't help but hold onto Harry’s leg as he pulled it up over his hip. Pushing him gently, Harry positioned on top of Cedric. 

"Am I crushing you?" he asked, trying to turn his embarrassed face away. "I'm skinny, but I gain weight on Christmas."

"No," Cedric replied with a laugh, slipping his arms behind his back and pressing him closer. “I’m quite comfortable. I could sleep like this, even.”