50.(CH) first on the list

CEDRIC

LXXIV

As if they were two magnets that attracted each other with more force with the passage of time, there was nothing strange about meeting Harry's eyes when he entered the Great Hall the next morning. 

On the contrary, it was already an almost daily habit.

Except this time only Ron and Hermione sat at the Gryffindor table. Harry instead walked over to Cedric, never breaking eye contact. 

"Hello," he greeted, taking in the rest. "Can I, uh...?"

Cedric didn't even wait for him to finish speaking to move aside.

“Come sit down,” he told Harry as casually as he could, tugging at the hem of his T-shirt. "Of course you can have breakfast with us."

His boyfriend at the Hufflepuff table was the best way to start the day. 

HARRY

LXVI

Cedric's big smile made it all worth it.

Those brief minutes that he walked up to him with the whole school watching.

He had noticed Fred eating lunch there on a few occasions, and knew it was possible for students to sit at a table that wasn't theirs, so Harry didn't understand why he could still feel the attention boiling under his cheeks.

To Harry's surprise, a few unknown Hufflepuff girls greeted him.

Cedric was right. He no longer scared people away. Oh, what did it matter? 

LXVII

"How's breakfast here?" Malcolm asked.

Willow and Tam had been very nice, talking about classes.

Harry frowned, unsure if he was joking. "It's not the same?"

"I was wondering if it was any better, considering that the elves adore us." 

Malcolm suddenly jerked his head to the side.

Tam had thrown something at him.

A crumb, judging by her nearly empty plate.

"You mean they adore you ."

"Things that happen when you're as charming as me," Malcolm continued.

Willow tossed another one at him, laughing as it landed on his curly hair.

Which caused Malcolm to gape in outrage.

"I apologize for their behavior," Cedric murmured in Harry's ear, leaning in close. Their legs were pressed together, a silver lining to the lack of space. "They don't usually waste food."

Picking the remains off his head, Malcolm commented, "That's why the elves aren't as fond of you." 

"Or maybe it's because we don't bother them as often."

"But they love me. They'd be happy if I visited them every day."

LXVIII

Mondays sucked. The worst day of the week.

Harry was pretty sure anyone would agree.

However, walking Cedric to his first class and bumping into him in the halls afterwards made the perspective better. See him calm and well after telling him the truth.