40.(CH) someone had a good night

CEDRIC

XX

Harry looked so cute trying to float on his back, having a hard time keeping his balance as he raised his head to continue the conversation. Cedric helped him by holding his back underwater.

His skin felt smooth and warm, and Harry closed his eyes.

Cedric glanced down at his body stretched out on the water.

Thin and he almost found it funny how Harry’s boxer shorts were puffing up. 

Almost, because he had to look back at his face before he got caught. He was not unaware that this was the first time they were in such scant conditions of clothing and Cedric did not forget their last encounters so…

He couldn't think about it now.

Harry looked so nice and calm that Cedric couldn't stop himself from grabbing him from behind the knees and shoulders until he lifted his slim body up. In a reflex, Harry gripped his neck tight to keep from falling and smiled up at him. 

XXI

“I've never been in a swimming pool before,” Harry commented very softly as he swam.

He rarely mentioned anything related to his family, and Cedric had started to pick up on certain cues from the previous year. Harry didn't have his permission slips to Hogsmeade signed and Cedric wasn't sure his family was even aware of the danger he had been in last year. During summer he knew that Harry was isolated from the magical world, he wasn’t allowed to have free access to the phone and his cousin did not seem friendly either.

Cedric wouldn't be quick to judge usually, but he had a bad feeling about it.

It broke his heart how that sweet boy admitted, still sidestroking, that he had never gone on vacation. The fact that Harry’s uncles used to leave with his cousin without taking Harry with them, asking a neighbor to babysit him. It would have been a simple comment, except for the profound implications of it. Although he didn't sound sad saying it, Cedric wanted this occasion to be special. He offered Harry to climb on his back and rocked back and forth with Harry wrapping his arms across his chest, holding on tight as he laughed. This is so much fun, Harry murmured into his ear, but I think it's because I'm with you. Then he placed a kiss on the skin of Cedric’s shoulder, and even though Cedric knew how to swim, it was a good thing that the pool wasn't too deep.

XXII

"Come on, you're very light on the water. It's the only way I could carry you.” Harry insisted that now it was Cedric’s turn to climb on his back. " It’s only fair," he even said. 

He was right. There was no way he could hold Cedric's weight.

Cedric, on the other hand, could manage just well with his...

Too comfortable with him underwater, Cedric tightened the fit on Harry’s thighs over his stomach.

"Are you saying I'm heavy on the outside?" 

He wasn't sure if Harry's flushed expression was from the touch or his attempted joke, but he liked it. So close to each other, Harry looked away to explain, "You're tall and, uh, you look like a chaser, remember?" 

Cedric would hardly forget any of the moments they shared.

"And what does that mean?" he asked just to tease him.

The amused snort Harry let out hit his neck. "The structure of your body," he said under his breath. “Not that I, umh, I…”

With a smile, Cedric agreed to be carried and managed to hold on just before Harry plunged them completely into the water.