20.(H) that was romantic

HARRY

XXX

Kissing Cedric was as if heaven itself had become a warm presence with soft hands and sweet breath. When they distanced a few centimeters, Harry wasn't the only one smiling. 

Cedric leaned in one last time for one more before taking a step back. "So since you've met me?" he asked, sounding so amused with his gray eyes looking at Harry in a way he didn't want to escape.

“All summer,” Harry mused back, “that we spent writing letters to one another."

"Very late at night. You definitely messed up my sleep schedule during those months."

"I didn't have one of those to begin with," he replied, causing Cedric to laugh. 

Harry had never felt like this before: lighter than a feather and as if everything was completely fine. Even when he knew there were other things, he didn't remember any. His sensitive lips were the only evidence. A mark he thought invisible until he saw Cedric's, with a delicate reddish hue.

That boy couldn't be human.

Way too beautiful…

XXXI

He could not believe it. 

It didn't seem like Cedric did either.

They both found it funny, the fact that neither of them knew how the other felt. Although Cedric wasn't the first one to believe that he fancied Cho, Harry was surprised to hear that he thought so since that day in the hospital wing when Oliver teased him about almost losing to a girl. 

Ironic that Harry had indeed lost to a Hufflepuff boy.

By falling due to exceptional circumstances, but it still counted.

The twins still joked about it from time to time. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't honest with you from the beginning," Harry apologized, tortured that he hadn't told the truth for the wrong reasons. "I don't want you to think I'm a liar."

The rest at Hogwarts believing it was not a novelty. 

The idea of Cedric doing it...

“I think neither of us has been the most sincere. And you told me," he explained softly, with a small suppressed grin. "You thought I wanted to go out with her and you would've given me your blessing."

As ashamed as he was because for a moment it had been the opposite…

"I never would have thought you'd have those kinds of codes. It was the bare minimum I could do."

“Harry Potter, you're something else. I have never met someone like you."

He truly wanted to know what he meant by that and tried joking, "You mean someone with such bad luck? A magnet for trouble?"

"No, I'm talking about someone that incredible. Someone who would tell me about the first task even if we weren't friends. You knew I wouldn't date her because of you and you couldn't let me believe it. You were brave and you told me. You would’ve been willing to give me your blessing just because you thought that was what I wanted. And that it was the right thing. Even when you fancied me."

"If I were brave, I would’ve told you about my feelings a long time ago," he admitted, unable to feel as incredible as he made it sound.

Harry hadn't even considered telling him someday. 

What was more cowardly than that? He only cleared it up because it was fair.

"I could have done it too. I was afraid that it wasn't mutual."

The Boy I Love -HEDRIC (2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara