8.(HC) of course I worry

HARRY

XXX

They went out into the garden with their brooms and flew up to the sky —until Mrs. Weasley shouted from the third floor window not to go so high it was dangerous. Almost as if she forgot about her time at Hogwarts and the way they played Quidditch there. Without trying to remind her, they listened and walked off towards what the twins called the blind spot, the only place on the property where you couldn't be seen from the house. 

At least Harry didn't practice or anything like that.

Just the wind in his face and zigzagging back and forth in a way that made Cedric laugh behind his back. He needed to forget about that small voice in his head that was trying to blow away his hope for a peaceful year. 

The dark mark after a decade... 

A terrifying dream.

An important event at Hogwarts that, of course, he would not participate in, but...

How long until another had his name destined on it? 

XXXI

When they returned to solid ground, sunset had given way to a beautiful starry night. It was too cool for the short-sleeved shirt Harry was wearing and on the way, because of the tremors he tried to hide with little success, Cedric put an arm around his shoulders.

"You're freezing," he said, moving his hand over Harry's skin under his sleeve to warm him up. Then Cedric offered his coat, and Harry was already too embarrassed to take it. “You seem to need it more than I do.”

“We’re almost there.”

A combination of reasons made him no longer be cold.

The light coat Cedric placed over his shoulders.

Cedric’s arm held him and warm body pressed against his side.

And his own feelings everywhere. 

XXXII

Cedric accepted the dinner invitation and it was just as Harry would have imagined it could be when he invited that boy without knowing that he would really show up. Of course everyone liked him. Mrs. Weasley wasn't surprised to learn that he was a prefect, considering who his father was. And although only she appreciated that fact, Cedric also held a conversation with Bill and Charlie. Even with Percy, to the boredom of the entire table, about his work at the Ministry.

"You can stay the night," Mrs. Weasley offered to Cedric before going to sleep. “We have hundreds of mattresses.”

Harry thought it was a very good idea.

"We're like a mattress store," George laughed.

"With second-hand, used ones," Fred pointed out, and he shouldn't be looking at Harry as he said, "There's room."

Of course there was in his bed. He was so thin that they would both fit without a doubt. 

Not that they would ever sleep together...

Cedric appreciated the offer, but wasn't sure he'd take it since he probably had to come back in a while so as not to worry his father. When asked how he intended to do it and his answer was that on his broom, Mrs. Weasley was horrified and she took it upon herself to connect their chimneys right then and there so Cedric could go to his house in a safer way before going up the stairs.

“Now is when the fun begins," Fred spoke as soon as the rest of the adults followed her steps. 

“Gin, time to go to sleep, honey,” George sounded exactly like his mother.