71.(HC) that explains the feeling

HARRY

XXXIII

He would be very impressed with the small but at the same time considerable hidden room, if it wasn't for the fact that he was furious with Hermione.

Finally he found the other Harry, sitting on a couch a few feet away.

Relief and annoyance mixed when he not only not seemed completely shocked to have him in front, but even smiled.

So this is what I look like...

A casual wave from him, and Harry exploded.

"See? No problem. Clearly he is okay with my presence."

"If I don't trust the opinion of one, why would I trust the other?"

Harry rolled his eyes, sighing.

"You should go, Harry," Hermione continued. "It is not safe that you are here."

If he wasn't still angry, maybe he would have listened to her...

Hermione raised her wand when he refused, and though Cedric tried to stop her, he couldn't do anything against her steps towards him.

Walking backwards, something got in Harry's way.

And then electricity ran through his entire body and his vision darkened. 

CEDRIC

XXV

It all happened very fast.

A combination of events that triggered this…

Cedric moved closer to Hermione, probably the same thing Harry was trying to do when his boyfriend tripped over one of the stacks of books. Instead of stepping aside, that Harry tried to hold him to prevent his falling.

Which resulted in both of them collapsing to the ground.

And one crashed against the edge of a coffee table.

Blood pooled under that Harry's head. 

It took Cedric a second to act, and he knelt next to the person in the worst health condition, just as he had been taught in his prefect training on magical first aid. Heart pounding, he checked his vital signs while noticing his boyfriend. 

"Check his pulse," he asked Hermione hastily, "and try to wake him up."

The only movement was from the blood, which spread over the wood.

He forced himself to search in his memory for some spell that might help.

"Hermione," he repeated and turned to see her in the same spot.

Her name made her react.

She hastened to separate their bodies.

"They shouldn't… have touched…" Hermione whispered as she pressed her fingers to the side of Harry's neck and over his wrists. "I think he's breathing."

The fact that she used the word I think did not give him any peace of mind.

He inspected the other Harry's wound, making sure it was closed.

Due to his bloody hands, Cedric hesitated to lay a finger on his boyfriend.

Instead, he watched as Hermione patted his cheek. 

HARRY

XXXIV

When he opened his eyes, the panorama confused him.