88.(HC) the exact moment

HARRY

CXXXIV

Hermione helped him find a way to convince Ron not to report the fake Moody. One that didn't involve casting a spell on him. 

In fact, it was her idea.

“We'll catch him just before the third task begins.”

“Wouldn't it be better to do it as soon as possible...?” Ron questioned.

Harry pointed out an aspect that would be relevant to her, “We will be left without a teacher for the subject.”

Ron thought about it. “He's good at teaching, bad in every other way.”

"We might scare him away if we move too soon and it would cause quite a stir. During the task everyone will be distracted. He'll too. We will have a free way.”

CXXXV

He was walking with Cedric after class when Hermione asked him to talk.

"I'm really sorry for what I did to Ron. I admit I was wrong. I didn't lie to you when I said I didn't want to worry him. I would like to preserve whatever normality we have. I just didn't tell you the whole truth. It's not that I believed that he was incapable of helping in any way, it's that…”

Harry wondered what did she knew that he didn't, assessing the likelihood of… 

“I didn't want to involve him because this was a way of distancing myself from him.”

“Why would you?” came out of his thoughts.

The grimace on her face gave him a slight indication. “It was confusing spending time with him when you weren't there.”

He narrowed his eyes, doubting if he understood correctly. “You mean…?”

“This is so embarrassing. I don't know why I thought you knew.”

“Do you fancy Ron…?”

“Shhh!” She pressed a finger a few inches from his mouth. “It's a secret.”

"What about Krum?"

“I liked him, in some way, but not in the way it should be.”

Harry nodded, amazed at her sincerity as well as the fact that he had considered it. 

“It was selfish of me. I'm sorry.”

He continued to nod his head. “My two best friends…”

Hermione looked at him strangely. “Your two best friends, nothing. Just that: friends. There's no way he feels the same. Besides, it would never work.”

He didn't make another comment because he had the impression that he would earn a scolding. 

CXXXVI

When Hermione left in the opposite direction, Harry was still trying to process the new information as he walked through the halls looking for Cedric. He wished he could help. At least find out how Ron felt about her… If Ron even knew. 

It does take time for some people, he thought.

Harry went into an empty classroom to check the map. 

The quickest way to find Cedric, since they had plans. 

Unfortunately for him, referring to the third task.

Luckily for him, at least he would be with his boyfriend. 

CEDRIC