Chapter 27: Little Less Messy

(New year. New me! No more delulu this, delulu that. I shall be focused and me, myself, and I 😌 and my writing of course. My hot coworker is...sort of my date to this Observatory work event on Thursday but after that, he is dead to me. Or at least, invisible. I will not text. Call. Nothing. I am quitting him cold turkey. This is probably going to be the busiest year of my life, so it's about time I let this man go🥭) 

Happy New Year guys! Make 2024 your bitch! 🖤

-A

[Chin Village]

"Ugh. We should've parked the airship closer," Jay grunted while he carried Mr. Uri by the legs, already more than annoyed with the way this entire plan was playing out, 
"This town is way too narrow, we would've crushed two blocks had we done that," Tenzin reminded him,
"A-Are we so sure that's a bad thing?" Jay wheezed, "We've been carrying this man for like five minutes and my arms are already about to give out,"
"Need a breather?" Tenzin asked,
"Please," Jay gasped in relief after setting Mr. Uri down in the soft grass, "When I pictured doing this, I expected him to come peacefully, and with the ability to use his own legs,"
"Hmph. From what I've noticed so far, convenience has not been on our side," Tenzin sighed, "C'mon, I'll carry him the rest of the way,"

"Hmph. Never thought I'd see this place again," Shah smirked evilly as he led his shirshu through his childhood village, "Never thought you'd see it too,"
"Oh, trust me. I did everything I could to avoid tagging along," Shin sighed with a grin, "But I'm kind of curious to see how this all plays out–
"Hold it," Shah ordered while he eyed his childhood home with disgust, "Stay on guard. This shouldn't take long,"
"About that. H-How do you plan on doing this?" Shin questioned, "Because if you shoot that gun in there, this entire town is going to know we're here,"
"Hmph. I haven't thought of it," Shah admitted sourly, "Any suggestions?"
"Well, my first one would be not killing him at all, but it's a little late for that,"
"So, stab him?"
"Or maybe something a little less messy–
"Hmph. Choking him to death it is," Shah chuckled before hopping off his shirshu and making his way to the large porch.

There was a time when all he wanted was to see this house burned to the ground. Stripped to ashes as if it never existed. Yet, here he was, back again with the same feeling, but this time all too eager to go inside, "Where are you, old man?" Shah called into the darkness after kicking the front door open. It was quiet. Far too quiet for his liking. When Shah had imagined this in his head, he assumed his father would be home, slumped on the couch in front of the TV, completely caught off guard by his intrusion. So much so, that he'd be begging for mercy on his knees, but this wasn't the case. It was almost as if his father had vanished, "Well, the beer bottles make sense," Shah whispered to himself as he stepped around them, "But where's the drunk bastard that drank them all?"

[Middle Ring] - apartment 107

You had been sitting by the window since Mako left. Hoping that he'd change his mind and turn around, but you knew that was far from ever happening. Not until your dad was safe, and Shah was in handcuffs. Three days. You repeated over and over in your head. 

It hasn't even been three hours and I'm supposed to wait three fucking days?

"Do you plan on sitting there thinking about him the entire time we're here?" Kuvira questioned when she came down the stairs,
"I wasn't thinking about him–
"Yeah right. If you are going to wallow in silence, maybe you should work on becoming a better liar,"
"I like him, okay? What's the big deal? A-And considering my brother is the most unreasonable man on the planet and hates his guts, I'm not exactly thrilled to send Mako out there to potentially be killed," you snapped back at her with your fists clenched,

Kuvira was impressed. She knew you had a temper, but she never thought you would use it to put her in her place. Especially since it would only take a mere flick of her wrist to bury you under a hundred tons of rubble,
"Hmph. He won't die," Kuvira reassured you flatly before setting the teapot on the stove,
"How do you know? If anything, I could only guess that you're rooting for his demise–
"I just know, okay?" Kuvira hissed quietly, "He wouldn't have left you with me if he didn't think he could beat him,"
"But what if...what if he can't?" you asked softly,
"Then that's where you and I come in,"