Chapter 35

She really didn't want to talk to Bonten, again, what was the point of saying 'goodbye' if they wouldn't remember her by the end of the month?

But now she had already talked to most of them, and the only ones remaining were Rindou and Kakucho, two of the people she wanted to avoid. 

Y/n was at the hospital's grounds, wandering the gardens, she assumed since the others were pretty much still recovering, they'd be inside the hospital, making the garden a perfect place to hide, specifically right behind the building.

She was thinking of ways to get away from Yusano's deal, she guessed she could lie to Yusano and say that she already did talk to them and then just proceed to wipe their memories instantly. 

But would Yusano buy that lie? She did work in the police force, in the detective section no less. What was she thinking, of course, Yusano would not buy that lie.

Y/n let out an exasperated sigh before shouting in frustration as she landed a hard punch on a glass window, it cracked after a few more punches.

She had no idea that Rindou was currently on his physical therapy walk. He still had pains in his knee whenever he stepped, so the doctors recommended he go on a walk occasionally.

He watched her take out her frustration on the window, he didn't judge her, rather he just watched. By then the window was starting to fall apart, her blood staining the cracks, and a few shards flew, cutting her in the process.

Once the window had completely shattered, she turned her head and saw a few staff staring at her with worry and fear, and with the crowd was Rindou staring at her with a blank face. 

Y/n stopped and fixed her poise before averting her gaze and hurriedly walked away. Only when she was inside the hospital when she noticed her knuckles were sliced and bleeding.

"Ah..." She groaned with annoyance before heading to the reception to ask for bandages. "Excuse me, can I borrow a first aid kit?" She asks.

All the nurses stared at her in shock, it was the first time they had finally heard her speak. "O-of course," One of the nurses stood and took a first aid kit from one of the cabinets.

"Thanks," She was about to take it from the nurse but they didn't budge. "Uh, thanks," Y/n repeated with more emphasis and tried to take it again.

"I'll help you with it," The nurse said with a smile. Then she finally saw the state of her. "Oh, my..."

But Y/n wasn't asking for help, she just wanted the kit so she could do it herself. "I can do it by myself," Y/n persisted. 

"I must assist you," The nurse assured. "You're-"

Y/n sighed. "I don't need help," She cut her off.

"Give me it," Someone then took the first aid kit.

Y/n looked at the person with a baffled expression. "Hey-! I was going to use that-" She paused when she finally looked at the person. 

"I'll help her with it," Kakucho said to the nurse who just nodded, after all, who was them to say no to the owner of the building? "Come on, let's clean you up," He said to Y/n before pulling her away. 

Y/n felt like she was about to throw up, she didn't want to be alone with Kakucho because she knew it was inevitable for them to have a conversation.

They hadn't talked since the day of the incident, she wanted the ground to swallow her right then and there just to avoid Kakucho. 

"Sit here," He said as he patted the extra space on the bench. 

She obliged, if she just followed without speaking this would be over as soon as possible. Or so what she thought.