Chapter 28

"If you plan on staring at her for the rest of the day, maybe it's better just to wake her," Hanma commented. 

Y/n turned to him; she wanted to wake Yusano but also knew now was not the time. "I can't," She replied. 

They were back at Mikaboshi's headquarters, currently waiting for the agreed time to meet with Bonten. 

Y/n would've been the one to send the message but G/n insisted on keeping her away from the other group until he knew everything in the plan was ready. 

"All this talk about what you can't and can," Hanma scoffed. "Weren't you doing this for the exact reason of being free?"

"Well-" She paused. 

"You're just stalling 'cause you don't know how she'd react," The male bluntly continued. 

"Okay, I need you to stop doing that," She deadpanned. "I am very self-aware of my issues, I don't need you to remind me every single time," 

Hanma shrugged. "I'm just being a good friend," 

She smiled. "Oh, so we're friends now?" The male just smiled back, and she then turned back toward Yusano's direction. 

Y/n hovered her hand above the controls, she was still contemplating whether to push the button or not. But before she could process the situation, the glass door slid open. 

"Hanma-!" She snapped at the male. 

"I didn't push it," He innocently reasoned. "I just pushed your hand to do it," 

"If things don't go well, I'm going to hang you upside down on the roof of this very building," Y/n threatened as she choked the boy. 

"Y/n..." A weak voice called out. 

Y/n immediately let go of Hanma and faced the girl who called her. "Y-yusano," She stammered as she tried to hold the girl. 

Yusano's vision cleared as she blinked and scanned the room. "Where are we?" Her voice was still quiet.

"Come, you should sit," Y/n said, ignoring her question. "How do you feel?"

"Normal? I'm not sure," She replied. "A little confused, but overall okay- uh, who's...?" 

Y/n glanced at Hanma who just smiled. "A friend," She answered vaguely.

"I feel like I've seen him before," Yusano squinted her eyes as she pondered. 

Y/n forced out a laugh. "Maybe you've seen him out on a street somewhere, he's kinda a stray cat," 

"Nice to formally meet you, Yusano," Hanma said without introducing himself. "I should take my leave, you two catch up," He waved before leaving the room. 

"Have I met him before?" Yusano persisted. 

Y/n shrugged. "How would I know?" She said making Yusano ponder. 

Yusano slightly smiled. "Yeah, you're right," She scanned her surroundings once again. "But, uh, what are we doing here?"

"You're currently in the underground facility of MIkaboshi's headquarters, you're here to be protected," Y/n answered truthfully. 

"Wait, Mikaboshi...?" Her voice was stunned, almost breathless. "Didn't your-"

"Yes, he runs things around here," Y/n replied before whispering. "But not for long," 

"What do you mean by that?" Yusano followed Y/n with her eyes. "Are we trapped here? Are they going to experiment on us again?"

"No, no one's going to hurt you here," She assured. "You'll be fine,"