Chapter 5

Ran stood motionless and speechless. Sanzu and Mikey stared back at him with weird looks. The silence was accompanied by the sound of wind passing by the open windows making a soft whistle. 

"This isn't hers" He answered sounding unsure. "This belongs to someone else" 

Mikey gave him a doubtful look before letting it go. "Huh okay," He muttered after just realizing that the camera was a popular model. Mikey then walked away, presumably to look for something. 

"But what're you doing here? Rindou was worried about you" Sanzu spoke, letting Mikey do his own thing.

"Oh, right..." He sheepishly scratched his cheek. "I'll talk to him. Anyway, you mentioned something about business in this building?" 

"We're just looking for something" Sanzu replied. "Good thing this place is still intact as if frozen through time..." He muttered as he opened one of the desk's drawers to reveal files of papers. 

"Wait, what is this place again?" Ran asked. 

"You're here and yet you didn't know?" Sanzu raised a brow. "This is M/n's company building, remember? When she got arrested, every single one of her employees was forced out of the building, which explains why everything is still here" 

"I'm surprised you know more than I do" Ran commented. 

"It proves that I actually listen to meetings" Sanzu rolled his eyes. 

Ran looked around. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think this company is still functioning..." 

"I know right?" Sanzu agreed to him before chuckling. "It's kinda spooky, it looked like everyone vanished into thin air while in the middle of working"

"Ran? Who are you talking to?" Y/n appeared out of nowhere. 

Sanzu paled seeing her standing there all of the sudden. "GHOST-!" 

Y/n looked behind her in a panic. "WHERE?!" She then looked back at Sanzu who stared at her with a horrified look. "Oh... you meant me" She deadpanned. 

Ran then nudged Sanzu and whispered. "She's the bakery girl, not our Y/n" 

Sanzu relaxed. "Oh," He let out a relieved sigh. "I almost forgot about her, dear god she looks so much like her..." He stared at her with furrowed brows, still, a bit horrified. 

"Uhm... hello?" Y/n spoke when they kept whispering to themselves. 

"Hello bakery girl, long time no see" Sanzu greeted. 

"Bakery girl...?" She muttered. "Well, uh anyway, what are you doing here? You do know you're trespassing a private property right?" 

"Huh? how about you then?" He retorted. "Aren't you trespassing too?"

"No" She answered confidently. "I work with the police, and this property is under investigation."

"I thought you're a baker... I don't understand" Sanzu scrunched his nose. 

"It's fine, I didn't expect you to" She then took the camera from Ran. "Well, I have more things to do, so I advise you to leave" 

Sanzu raised a brow. "What about him?" He pointed at Ran. 

"He insisted on staying, so I let him" She shrugged before walking away. 

"This is so weird... she used to treat you as the least tolerable one" Sanzu commented. 

Ran rolled her eyes. "That's cause she's not her," He paused, realizing what Sanzu had said. "What do you mean she treats me as the least tolerable one? We got along well-!"