Chapter 11

She exited Ran's office first while Naoto delayed for just a moment. She got curious as to why the two seemed to have a rough past with each other but she had no business prying. 

"Is there something wrong?" She asked when he finally exited the office with a sour expression. 

"Nothing, let's head back," He now walked past her. "I have many reports to write," 

Y/n followed closely as they entered the elevator once again, she can feel the seething annoyance in Naoto's aura which made her step away a bit. 

When they finally reached the ground floor, the elevator door opened and they exited. And as they walked through the lobby, they crossed paths with Takeomi who was with Mochi. 

Takeomi wasn't expecting to see her face nor was Mochi so they were spooked, to say the least, the poor man's heart almost failed. 

The black-haired male flinched in surprise before placing his palm on his chest right where his heart is. "Holy fuck..!" He turned to Mochi and grasped his shoulder. 

Although Mochi was surprised as well, he couldn't help but laugh at Takeomi. "Is your heart still beating?" He joked. 

Takeomi looked as if he just ran five rounds of a triathlon. "If I die, all my work will be passed to you, do you know that?" 

Mochi sweatdropped before patting Takeomi on the back gently. "Please don't die yet" 

"Takeomi, what are you doing here?" Y/n approached them.

She's still oblivious that all these specific men worked under one person, or that they're a criminal syndicate. 

"The more appropriate question is, what are you doing here," Takeomi said as he faced her. 

"Did Ran return your flash drive?" Mochi asked as he took a quick glance at the ID attached to a clip by her shirt.

Y/n turned to him. "Yes he did," She smiled. "I'm sorry I don't think we met yet, I'm Sakkaku Y/n,"

"Pleasure to meet you, Detective Sakkaku," Moshi spoke. "I'm Mochizuki Kanji, call me Mochi for short"

"Mochi," She repeated. "How did you know I'm a detective?" 

"I know everything," He said seriously before brushing it aside. "No, I'm kidding, you're wearing your ID," He pointed out.  

"Oh," She chuckled sheepishly. 

"Y/n," Naoto called as he tapped his wristwatch. 

"Well, nice meeting you, I better go before my senior gets mad..." She bowed before jogging toward the exit where Naoto waited. 

Takeomi and Mochi eyed them as the two exited the building, Mochi then nudged Takeomi. "Let's go, I have something to show you and Ran," 

"What is it?" The other questioned. 

Mochi rolled his eyes. "Just follow me," 

.

.

.

Naoto and Y/n arrived back at their own office, she automatically made coffee for him as he sat down at his desk. 

"Since when were you close with them," Naoto suddenly asked flatly. 

She stopped before turning to face him. "What do you mean?" She was confused by his question. 

"To those men from the company, since when?" He repeated. 

"I guess just the beginning of the year," She answered. "They often buy from the bakery I work part-time at,"