Chapter 2

The weather seems to have been in a sour state these past few weeks, it kept raining heavily, and then sunshine would cut in. 

Well, that's summer in japan for you. Y/n likes to call it the bipolar season since the weather kept changing every goddamn second. 

So now, even with the clear skies, Y/n's using an umbrella as she strolled down the street toward the market. She's currently buying ingredients for the bakery. 

She unknowingly walked passed a few members of Bonten, but then again those men were lurking by the dark alleyways of the market so she couldn't see them even if she tried. 

As she walked past the small alley, certain brothers noticed her. "Isn't that Y/n?" One of them questioned. 

The other wasn't paying attention since he was busy bashing someone's head onto to brick wall. "Stupid motherfucker, should've thought about it twice before you tried to cross me" Ran said threateningly to the random thug. 

Rindou rolled his eyes at his brother who was still beating up the thug, he then decided to leave his brother and follow where Y/n was headed to. 

The younger Haitani quickly fixed himself as he neared the girl. "Hey," Rindou greeted. 

Y/n looked at him before smiling. "Oh, hey!" She greeted back. "What are you doing out here? Are you going grocery shopping as well?" 

"Uh, yes, I am." He lied. "So you're shopping too?"

"Yep, we're running low on some ingredients, and the person who's usually tasked with this type of work is busy at the moment" She explained with a shrug. "So here I am"

"What exactly are you buying?" He questioned. 

She hummed as she pondered. "I just need a few ingredients, just enough to get by this week" She shrugged. "Do you know where I can buy cinnamon? I can't seem to find any..." 

"Here, I'll help you out" Rindou replied and then carried her bag of groceries for her. "These are heavy... " He commented. "You should've asked someone to go with you" 

"Well, you're here, so I don't need to" She smiled. 

As the two continued to converse while walking, certain purple eyes watched their every move. Ran felt a brush of Deja Vu in him as he stood in his spot while Y/n and his little brother laughed at whatever their topic is. 

.

.

.

By now RIndou and Y/n weren't just shopping for baking ingredients anymore, they were now shopping for vegetables. 

Since Y/n mentioned she wanted to try to cook something new and Rindou mentioned a dish that Y/n had never heard before and now they're buying the ingredients for it. 

"What the hell is that?" Rindou deadpanned, he was busy picking tomatoes so he asked Y/n to get the other ingredients. 

"Cabbage, you asked me to get one, remember?" She raised the greenery. 

He was quiet for a while. "Y/n," Rindou said flatly. "That's lettuce" 

"Oh." She smiled sheepishly. "It is...?"

The male pinched the bridge of his nose. "How could you even mix those two up? They look nothing alike-!" 

"Eh, they're both leaves, this' fine" Y/n reasoned. 

Rindou smiled with a scoff. "You're so stupid" He whispered before continuing to pick tomatoes. 

Y/n crouched next to him and started to pick tomatoes as well. "They all look the same, just grab some"