Chapter 14

The Haitanis didn't investigate further, they'd rather come back with a bit of information they had than lose a limb to go further. 

"So... you didn't even get past the door?" Sanzu questioned. 

"We did, just a few feet away and then we retreated," Rindou answered. 

"We'd rather not risk our lives, that place was crawling with Mikaboshi members, and that dud with the katana was seriously terrifying," Ran further informed. 

"What? A katana? so someone's stealing my aesthetic?!" Sanzu exclaimed. "No! This is an outrage-!" 

"Calm your balls, you two are nothing alike," Rindou raised a brow. 

"Heh, of course!" Sanzu proudly said.

"That dude was something else, no wonder Mikaboshi's been more active..." Ran said making Sanzu sulk. 

Rindou then remembered. "The dead guy called the katana dude; falcon, I don't know if it's a code for something, but they addressed them as that," 

Ran nodded. "And it did feel like the place was under their authority," 

"Okay, so this falcon dude is the guy that the old geezer trusts," Sanzu hummed. "Well, thanks, I better tell this to Mochi," With his farewell, he was gone. 

Ran looked over to his younger sibling. "Does he often say 'thanks' whenever you're done doing missions from him?" Rindou nodded making Ran raise a brow. "Man, that's so weird," 

"You're just not used to it since you're mostly working for Takeomi and yourself," Rindou shrugged and left the meeting room. 

"There you two are," A voice said making the two glance at whoever spoke, it was Takeomi. "Were you two talking about me? You kids better not be talking shit," 

"No, not at all, Ran was just saying how your lips look so dry they're like gravel," Rindou said before making his exit. 

Takeomi stared at Ran who stared back at him in shock. "Hey, I didn't say that! I swear-!" He sweated. "But you know a little lip balm won't hurt..." 

"Yeah? and a shower doesn't as well," Takeomi retorted. "You smell like shit, where've you two been?" 

"I tagged along Rin, Sanzu assigned him to gather info on someone," He explained. "It's about Mikaboshi and its new boss or something," 

"What? New boss? Did the old man die?" Takeomi raised a brow. 

Ran shook his head. "Nope, he's still very much alive," He explained. "We think the new boss is like G/N's most trusted, anyway, has Mikey turned up yet?" 

"That's why I've been looking for you, Mikey's asking to talk to you," Takeomi said.

"He's here? When did he show up?" 

Takeomi pushed him to leave. "Just an hour before right now, so go before his patience runs out," 

.

.

.

Ran composed himself before knocking on Mikey's office. "Mikey?" He called as he peeked in. "You asked for me?"

Inside was Mikey and to his surprise, Hanma. To his knowledge, the guy was on the run for some crimes he had committed. 

"Hanma Shuji, thought you already died or something," Ran said as he sat down on the free seat. 

Hanma chuckled. "I die when I want to," 

Ran then looked at Mikey. "Where've you been, Mikey?" He asked. "You disappeared for a week, does that have something to do with why Hanma's here?"