Chapter 31

The abandoned market street, why was she here? why did her grandfather take her here? and why would the alleged guests want to meet in this place?

She couldn't move freely, she just took one step at a time and followed G/n blindly. Everything felt off, and she knew there was something that she needed to be cautious of.

Her hair, the wind, the dryness of her throat, the clamminess of her hand, the bruises on her body, her clothes, and the way her feet land on the cracked concrete. She can feel them all at once.

"Y/n-!"

She flinched at the sound of her name. Her grandfather was looking at her with a displeased expression, he looked like he was waiting for her to enter a small mall at the end of the street.

Y/n obliged, making sure she was ready for an ambush in case there was one. She walked further in, the mall was dimly lit with the sun's rays peeking through the broken ceiling.

And in the middle of the empty mall, a familiar figure lay on the ground. It was Yusano, her blood ran cold, and quickly tried to step forward.

"No," G/n said and she went stiff. "Don't be rude, greet your friends,"

Y/n looked back at him confused before looking back forward to see them standing on the other side, directly facing where she stood.

Now that she had taken a good look at her surroundings, Mikaboshi's men surrounded the whole place, while the chief officers of both gangs met in the middle.

"G/n... what's going on?" She muttered cautiously.

"What does it look like?" He smiled as if sanity had left his system. "A reunion that I'm sure you've been waiting for-!"

All of Bonten's chief members stood in a row, hands tied and mouths gagged, and more Mikaboshi members pointed a gun at the back of their heads.

Her mother is also there, getting the same treatment as Bonten. Yusano is now also being held up while a gun is pointed at her.

But what really surprised her was the fact that even her father was there, completely still as he stared at her very alive daughter.

His gaze terrified her, but not in a way that he was actually scary, she was just afraid of what could that expression mean.

Y/n snapped her gaze at her grandfather. "You promised you wouldn't get them involved-!" She tried her best to avoid looking at her father.

"Yes, I did promise, but you might've forgotten that only applies to your father," G/n shrugged. "Too bad your dearest father wanted to be here,"

"Wanted?" Y/n muttered, realizing something. "He knew... that I was.."

"Of course he does," G/n laughed at her as if she had just missed the punchline of the joke. "He's the one who begged me to revive you, after all, I'm the only one who knew about your clones other than your mother,"

Her father knew? and he just abandoned her in G/n's hands? The betrayal overridden her fear making her able to look at her father straight in his eyes.

Now she finally distinguished what her father's eye held, it wasn't disappointment, it was guilt.

"He didn't want his name to be talked about, just imagine having a wife whose father is their very enemy, and they even cloned their daughter... how scandalous," G/n continued. "In the end both your parents would rather let you suffer than taint their name, isn't that sad?"

"Your so-called friends aren't any better," The old man's voice echoed as everything was silent. "They've been planning to capture you, and not because they wanted to talk to you. They wanted to use you to get to me, to destroy the only place that actually cared about you,"