Chapter 12

M/n = Mother's Name
G/n = Grandfather's Name (Mother's side)
L/n = Last Name

*  *  *

L/n M/n, is she a bad person pretending to be a good one? or is she a good person misguided by bad people? 

The way M/n treated Y/n is just like how G/n treated M/n. She hated whenever Y/n would show signs of the resemblance to herself when she was her age. 

M/n didn't like it whenever Y/n made a mistake because she could see herself being a failure as a mother, in other words, she didn't want Y/n to be like her; a person with a long list of mistakes. 

Because in her eyes, if Y/n accumulated the same mistakes as her, she feared that her daughter would fall into the same fate as she did. 

She's currently being held in a psychiatric ward after she showed signs of mental instability to the point of attempting to kill herself on multiple occasions. 

The empty grey halls were dimmed, the echoes of footsteps soon faded as fewer staff were present, and in the very end room of that hallway is M/n's room. 

Her once sophisticated figure, was now dull and lifeless as she sat on her bed in silence. She spoke to no one and refused to leave her room even if her door was left unlocked. 

Though she still speaks, it's only the occasional mumbling and whispers as if she's really talking to someone else. 

She wasn't like the type of crazy who had completely abandoned their humanity, she was still somewhat sane, but she wasn't herself anymore. 

"What are you doing here," M/n said in a weak tone as she stared at the blank wall. 

"Are you not happy to see me?" A feminine voice spoke. "Mother," 

M/n did not reply, she knew it was all in her head, but she could see her, Y/n, in her peripheral, sitting by the lone sofa in the corner. 

"Well, I'm happy to see you, mother," L/n Y/n said with a smile. "Do you remember when we used to walk around town and just talk?" 

"I missed that," L/n Y/n was now sitting beside M/n on the bed. "Don't you miss it too?" She whispered in her ear. 

"...I do," M/n mumbled. 

"Then let's get out of here~!" L/n Y/n cheerfully suggested who now stood in front of her by the foot of the bed. 

M/n finally directly looked at Y/n. "You... you're not my daughter," 

"But I am?" Y/n chuckled. "Have you forgotten me?" 

"No," M/n said. "You're not my daughter" 

Y/n's innocent smile slowly dissipated and turned into a sinister one. "You're right~" She said. "After all, you killed her~ your poor innocent little dove, dead." 

The voice echoed in her mind, like a gong continuously banging inside her head. 

"I didn't mean to..." M/n started to weep. "I love my daughter... I didn't mean to," 

The illusionary figure of L/n Y/n stood and watch her in amusement as M/n clung to the pure white covers while she sobbed harder. 

"You did mean it," Y/n said. "You aimed the gun and fired it, you knew what you did and done..."

"No... I- I didn't...!" M/n's ragged breath was muffled as she bit her own fist. 

"Yes, you did!" The voice snapped and shouted making M/n flinch and cry louder. "You did!, you did!, you did!"